DC Manager - Phoenix
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Phoenix, AZ 85067
The DC Manager is directly accountable to provide outstanding service to customers by coordinating the processing of merchandise through the Distribution Center. They directly contribute to the profitability of the Company by maximizing the efficiency of Distribution Center operations. Provides guidance to direct reports on all aspects of their career with ULTA through active development planning, frequent feedback, coaching and performance management programs.
Use your skills, experience & talents to be part of something BEAUTIFUL! *As a DC Manager you will perform the following essential functions…….
- Leads department in a technical, fast paced, deadline driven environment that emphasizes process automation.
- Develop, lead, and implement strategic and tactical objectives supporting DC goals, budget, and customer service initiatives.
- Troubleshoot operational issues and take corrective action to ensure standards, budgets, and customer service are met.
- Develops best practices and performance standards to drive Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Provide leadership and maintain a department-wide team attitude environment.
- Leverage data and resources to identify operational opportunities and develop improvement methods and procedures.
- Ensure effective cross-functional communication occurs to resolve issues and accomplish goals.
- Modifies and communicates shifts in plans, goals, actions, or priorities to deal with changing situations and acts as a change agent.
- Provides leadership and seeks out developmental opportunities for direct reports in regards to training, performance management, employee motivation, and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
- Solid analytical abilities.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to successfully execute initiatives with minimal guidance and accomplish stated goals.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience managing others in a high volume automated distribution environment. Retail distribution experience is a plus.
- Broad working knowledge of DC processes and operations. Thorough knowledge of RF Scanner and WMS systems functionality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have experience in training, developing and providing direction to staff.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a leadership team.
- Demonstrated leadership, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Ability to build relationships at various levels and influence decisions.
- Experience with conveyors, sortation systems, light directed technology, and carousels is preferred.
- Experience with SAP and heavy piece pick volume preferred.
- Work additional hours and/or days as needed, particularly during high volume periods, to ensure that departmental objectives are accomplished.
- Significant walking, bending, standing.
- Climbing stairs.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Normal office demands.
Date Posted: 9/27/2017
Category: Distribution Center Management