Nurse - Ambulatory - DH
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Shiprock, NM 87420
The position is located in the Ambulatory Care Department, Northern Navajo Medical Center, Shiprock, NM. Perform a variety of responsible nursing care procedures requiring professional knowledge and consideration of specific patient conditions and treatments. Reports directly to the Supervisory Nurse (Ambulatory Care).
Learn more about this agency
- Performs professional nursing duties for the care of inpatient (ambulatory care outpatients, emergency cases, and patients in specialty clinics).
- Interviews patients and family members and consults with attending Physicians, other staff members to determine and evaluate the kind of health care needed.
- Carries out treatments and other procedures required; administer medications; observe and document patient’s condition, changes, and reactions to medications, and medical treatment.
- Provides counseling and teaching to patients and families or surrogates on preventive curative and rehabilitative measures involved in health care.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of standards of care, Quality Assurance and Infection Control activities.
- Travel Required
- Supervisory status
- Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
- Conditions of Employment
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) of the closing date: 12/31/2018.
- Confidential Financial Disclosure Form required.
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
Education:A graduate or higher level degree, bachelor’s degree, associate degree, or diploma from an accredited professional nursing educational program is required. This education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
Degree from Foreign Nursing School: Official certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (external link) is required for individuals who graduated from foreign nursing schools.
Licensure: For all grade levels and positions, applicants must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination. In addition, they must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Basic Requirements for the GS-9 (or equivalent) Grade Level:In addition to the above requirements, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Possession of a master’s degree in professional nursing; or
- At least one full year of professional nursing experience (equivalent to the GS-7 grade level or above) and possession of a diploma, associate degree, or bachelor’s degree in Nursing from a professional nursing program.
Experience: The work experience must have equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.* At the GS-9*and above grade level, many positions may require experience in a specialty area of nursing. Examples are: identifying disease entities in order to recognize complications and therapeutic interventions required; in pharmaceuticals in order to recognize there desired effects, side effects and complications of their use; recognize adverse signs and symptoms which are not always apparent and to react promptly in emergency situations including the implementation of life saving procedures.
The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain nursing clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
- Additional information
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
Recruitment or relocation incentives are authorized. Appointment Above the Minimum authorized.
No Housing available.
Loan Repayment Program (LRP):
The Indian Health Service (IHS), National Health Service Corps (NHSC), and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) have student loan repayment programs for qualifying health disciplines. This is a competitive process separate from the hiring process. Opportunities for LRP are based on agency hiring priorities and availability of funds. For additional information please visit:
For IHS – http://www.ihs.gov/loanrepayment/
For NHSC – https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/
For HRSA Nurse Corps – http://www.hrsa.gov/loanscholarships/repayment/nursing/index.html
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- This position is covered by Public Law 101-630, the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Protection Act (25 United States Code Chapter 34) requiring contact or control over Indian children. Due to this law, the agency must ensure that persons hired for these positions have not been found guilty of or pleaded nolo contendere or guilty to