Fire Protection Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Phoenix, AZ 85032
Summit Companies is a premier firm in the Fire Sprinkler and Fire Life Safety industry with offices throughout the Midwest. We are seeking a Fire Protection Engineer to join our team in the Phoenix, AZ area.
Summit Companies offers a complete package of solutions for projects big and small—sharing a focus on professionalism, total customer satisfaction and solutions that work. Our Consulting division offers expertise in the complex world of building codes, fire codes and fire protection engineering. Experience in Code Consulting, Fire Protection Engineering, and/or Fire Protection System Design not required but preferred. Responsibilities will include fire protection engineering services such as life safety code consulting, sprinkler design, fire alarm design, performance-based fire engineering design, under the direction of a P.E. or an experienced consultant, both locally and nationally.
- Assist in fire protection engineering for the construction industry: analyses, calculations, reviews, etc.
- Design and evaluation of fire sprinklers, fire alarms, smoke control, fire-rated separations, means of egress, and other fire life safety features in buildings
- Building code consulting and fire code consulting for the construction industry
- Assist with fire and egress modeling
- Classification and evaluation of hazardous materials
- Report writing and documentation
- On-site inspections and observations
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, preferably Fire Protection Engineering, or Fire Protection Engineering Technology
- Experience in code consulting, design of systems, and fire protection engineering preferred
- EIT preferred
- Experience and knowledge of NFPA Codes, and International Building and Fire Codes preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- AutoCAD or REVIT experience is desirable
Great benefits, health, dental and 401k/match
Summit Companies is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Summit Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.