Senior Mechanical Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Fort Huachuca, AZ 85670
The Logistics & Mission Support operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work at Fort Huachuca in Arizona. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the INSCOM G4 mission.
Primary Responsibilities .
• Provides professional engineering support for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) planning and support for Contractor supported locations and facilities and equipment within the designated strategic (fixed), tactical and mobile facilities or mission equipment shelters and in related, supporting systems inside or outside the secure areas. The Contractor shall also provide testing and balancing services and support for air and water systems.
• Reviews engineering design proposals, design drawings, specifications and other technical document submissions and recommend improvements.
• Provides advice and guidance to Government engineers involving all aspects of HVAC facilities design, construction, operation and maintenance or repair.
• Reviews reports and studies to identify deficiencies and participate in the planning of construction/redesign programs.
• Utilize appropriate software and hardware tools to track load changes or other parameters of design, construction, operation and maintenance and repair.
• Establishes energy and heat load budgets with the objective of identifying current deficiencies, anticipating future requirements and estimating factors to be included in construction planning.
• Evaluates and recommends methods of load control (including remote and tele-metering techniques) to reduce utility demand and costs.
• Prepares design concepts, program development brochures, MILCON programming documents, cost estimates, economic analyses, plans and specifications, and all related construction project documentation for construction projects to be executed through contract or with Government in-house resources.
• Inspects construction projects or existing facilities to identify deficiencies, recommend changes, ascertain compliance with plans and specifications, or for other designated purposes.
• Provides guidance, direction, and assistance to technicians working in related disciplines.
• Maintain technical liaison and communication between on-site technicians and the COR.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited college/university with eight years diversified professional engineering experience.
• Application engineering with experience in design, installation, operation and maintenance of automatic control systems. Supervision of plant operations, maintenance, and repair of physical plant systems and equipment including large-scale HVAC plants and distribution systems.
• Resident engineering experience on construction projects with large, complex and highly sophisticated HVAC Systems.
• Professional registration preferred.
• Command of fluent English, including the ability to read, write, and comprehend technical documentation, schematics, and diagrams written under the ANSI standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.