Microsoft Database SQL Administrator-SME
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
As an NETCOM Microsoft Database SQL Administrator Subject Matter Expert, you will provide services in support of the U\.S\. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command \(NETCOM\)\. You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities\. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations \(NetOps\) capabilities\. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army’s maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations\. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI’s mission: To deliver innovative, cost\-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments\.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%\.
99. Provide Relational Database Management System administration and analysis support for a SQL Server Enterprise database for the Army enterprise architecture, including installation, integration, maintenance and Tier III support\.
99. Analyze the SQL Server database architecture and recommend and implement changes in processes, configuration, software, and hardware as needed\.
99. Configure and tune the High Availability \(HA\) features of MS SQL Server Enterprise edition in a clustered environment\.
99. Participate in technical working groups to assist in identification of issues and development of solutions for the SQL Server Database system\.
99. Provide engineering support to develop and maintain engineering and related technical documentation\.
99. Provide NETCOM Tier III and BMC Vendor Tier IV Engineering and Application direct support to all deployed and operational Remedy/ITSM hub and spoke components, using NETCOM Virtual Private Network \(VPN\) remote capabilities to access ITSM enclaves within TSC and on\-site as required\. Provide NETCOM Tier III and BMC Vendor Tier IV Engineering and Application direct system problem solving and apply required mitigation to all deployed and operational Remedy/ITSM hub and spoke components\.
99. Provide technical recommendations for MS SQL system optimization, upgrade, enhancement, and integration to include database hardware/software and storage capability associated with the database\.
99. Provide performance tuning for MS SQL\.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
N/A – Office environment\.
+ Sitting for long periods
+ Ambulate throughout an office
+ Travel by land or air transportation 25%
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required\.
+ Current Information Assurance \(IA\) certification \(required at performance start date\): IAT III \(CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP \(or Associate\), CASP\)\. IA Certification Category and Level \(IAW DoD 8570\.10\-M and BBP 05\-PR\-M\-0002\)
+ Current Computing Environment \(CE\) certification \(attainable within 6 months of performance start date\): Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate \(MCSA\) SQL Server 2012/2014 or SQL 2016 Database Development or equivalent
+ Clearance \(required at performance start date\): IT Level I \(in accordance with AR 25\-2\) SECRET SSBI \(IT I\)
+ Bachelor’s Degree in IT with 4 \- 9 years of experience
+ Bachelor’s degree with 10 years’ experience or an Associate degree with 15 years of experience in the subject or area related to information technology of computer science\.
Expereince in the Major Job Activities
+ Provides expert advice and support on network design, engineering and implementation issues
+ Cultivates and maintains effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end\-users, project managers, engineers and senior staff members
+ Actively participates in multiple work groups at one time and disseminates information across all levels of the organization
+ Translates subject matter terminology into business terms and recommends alternatives to both senior management and software developers
May be required to perform product demonstrations in a variety of settings, including internal meetings, training sessions and trade shows
Title: Microsoft Database SQL Administrator\-SME
Location: AZ\-Sierra Vista
Requisition ID: PEN001584
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual\. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace\. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability\. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran\.