Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
As a Global Mission Network \(GMN\) Virtualization Engineer – Subject Matter Expert \(SME\) providing support to the U\.S\. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command \(NETCOM\)\. Your efforts will be concentrated on the engineering, integration and management of the GMN VMware Virtualized Datacenters and associated components and services\.
+ Provide expert advice and support on datacenter design, engineering, implementation and management issues
+ Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end\-users, project managers, engineers and senior staff members
+ Actively participate in multiple work groups at one time and disseminate information across all levels of the organization and with outside agencies\.
+ Translate subject matter terminology into business terms and recommend alternatives to both senior management and engineering teams\.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%\.
99. Have a strong foundation and understanding of VMware virtualization, architectures, networking and design using the latest virtualization, storage and cloud technologies\.
99. Have a solid background and expertise in enterprise NetOps management tools to include: Systems Management System \(SYSMAN\), CA Spectrum, System Center Configuration Manager \(SCCM\), System Center Operations Manager \(SCOM\), VRA, VROPS
99. Hands\-on experience on how VMWare Cloud products and tools interrelate in order to ensure the secured configuration of multiple virtual data centers on the same physical infrastructure\.
99. Analyze and resolve problems with the GMN Black Core and its multiple Secret\-level networks and virtual data centers, over a common mission network infrastructure, between the Regional Hub Nodes \(RHN\) located at Fort Bragg, Camp Roberts, Landstuhl, Kuwait, and Guam; and the Mission Network Points of Presence \(POP\) located at Fort Bragg, Fort Carson, Grafenwoehr, Kuwait, and Guam\.
99. Provide configuration, integration, and Tier III support for the terrestrial transport connecting the RHNs and datacenters\.
99. NetOps capability integration in support of the classified missions on mission networks such as Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System \(CENTRIXS\) and SIPRNET networks\.
99. Hands\-on experience with how Microsoft Enterprise products and tools interrelate in order to ensure NetOps capability integration in support of the classified missions on mission networks such as CENTRIXS and SIPRNET networks\. Examples of Microsoft Enterprise products and tools are Active Directory, Exchange, SCOM, SCCM, WSUS, and KMS\.
99. Experience in all aspects of CyberSecurity and Risk Management Framework \(RMF\) policies and procedures\.
99. Knowledge and experience with Linux operating systems\.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
N/A – Office environment\.
+ Sitting for long periods
+ Ambulate throughout an office
+ Travel by land or air transportation 25%
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required\.
+ Current Active Secret Security Clearance with a SSBI investigation and or the ability to obtain one, IT Level I Secret SSBI in accordance with AR 25\-2\.
+ IAT III / IASAE II certified as specified in DOD 8570\.01\-M and BBP 05\-PR\-M\-0002 \(CASP, CISSP, or other specific IA Certification\)\.
+ VMware Certified Professional \(VCP\) certification within six months\.
+ BS degree\.
+ Minimum of 7 – 12 years’ experience as a Senior System Engineer\.
+ Have a strong foundation and understanding of VMware virtualization, architectures, networking and design using the latest virtualization, storage, and cloud technologies\.
+ Have a solid background and expertise in enterprise NetOps management tools I\.E\. Systems Management System \(SYSMAN\), CA Spectrum, System Center Configuration Manager \(SCCM\), System Center Operations Manager \(SCOM\)\.
+ Experience in all aspects of CyberSecurity in a VMWare and HyperV virtual environment and working knowledge of the following operating systems and applications: Linux, Microsoft
+ Bachelor’s degree with 10 years’ experience or an Associate degree with 15 years of experience in the subject or area related to information technology of computer science\.
+ Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert \(MCSE\)
+ Experience with and a working knowledge of CX\-I and SIPRNET data center operations and functions such as but not limited to IT continuity of operations and disaster recovery \(COOP/DR\) strategies and planning and service delivery\.
+ Experience in Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems, virtual machines \(VM\) and stand\-alone servers to include directory services, messaging, access control processes, and integrating application servers into the GMN Black Core environment\.
+ Experience with virtualization technologies in Operating Systems \(OS\), Network, Storage Area Network \(SAN\), and security devices\.
Title: Virtualization Engineer\-SME
Location: AZ\-Sierra Vista
Requisition ID: PEN001582
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual\. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace\. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability\. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran\.