Enterprise Systems Management (SysMan) Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
As an Enterprise Systems Management \(SysMan\) Engineer / System Center integrator, Subject Matter Expert, you will provide services in support of the U\.S\. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command \(NETCOM\)\. You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities\. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations \(NetOps\) capabilities\. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army’s maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations\. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI’s mission: To deliver innovative, cost\-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%\.
99. Provide support to operational organizations supporting RFCs and IAVA compliance\.
99. Support re\-engineering efforts required by integration to GNE AD, and other systems external to SysMan via approved data standards\. These systems include but are not limited to Remedy/ITSM, NetMan, HBSS, ACAS/REM/Retina, and DoD VMS\.
99. Submit recommendations for use of SysMan Management tools for non\-Windows environments and implement the Government’s chosen solution\.
99. Develop and update guidance on use of SysMan capabilities to all levels of administrators\.
99. Develop and update system baseline documentation and system changes and input into the project configuration management database\.
99. Participate in strategy sessions, strategic assessments, and design reviews of NetOps capabilities to validate enterprise approach and associated work products\.
99. Maintain SysMan capability security posture and system baseline\. This includes conducting routine security scans, testing and applying mitigation actions, and coordinating any scheduled service interruptions in accordance with operational engineering system standard operating procedures\.
99. Provide technical integration, engineering, test and analysis and operational support to continue development, implementation, and sustainment of the SysMan capability on NIPRNET and SIPRNET\.
99. Deploy and maintain SysMan systems in support of EOF/Lab/Fabric testing environments\.
99. Provide Tier III support for engineering and program\-level issues submitted to the SysMan Program and issues elevated by system administrators\. Manage incidents and problems; confirm validity of issues and problems; seek known solutions related to more complex issues\.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
N/A – Office environment\.
+ Sitting for long periods
+ Ambulate throughout an office
+ Travel by land or air transportation 25%
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required\.
+ Current Information Assurance \(IA\) certification \(required at performance start date\): IAT III \(CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP \(or Associate\), CASP, CISCO CCNP Security\)\. IA Certification Category and Level \(IAW DoD 8570\.10\-M and BBP 05\-PR\-M\-0002\)
+ Current Computing Environment \(CE\) certification \(attainable within 6 months of performance start date\): Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate \(MCSA\) or System Center Configuration Manager \(SCCM\) or equivalent
+ Clearance \(required at performance start date\): IT Level I \(in accordance with AR 25\-2\) SECRET SSBI
+ Bachelor’s Degree 10 \-15 years practical experience
+ Have expertise and skills in SYSMAN technologies that cross all tiers, hardware and storage configuration, Army Information Assurance environment, and configuration management\.
+ Have working knowledge and understanding of NetOps tools, procedures, and operational constructs\.
+ Possess skills and experience in SYSMAN\- related IT, supporting Theater and NEC tiers, as well as configuration management skills
+ Working knowledge of Microsoft\-based security engineering; working knowledge of Unix, Red Hat Linux, and MAC operating systems and security; working knowledge and understanding of DIACAP, network security technologies, procedures, and operational constructs\.
+ Microsoft certification in SQL SharePoint, or other related technologies is a plus\.
+ Shall possess operational skills and expertise in the following technologies: Windows Server 2003/2008 System Administrator experience, Backup/Disaster Recovery, SQL 2005/8 Database and SQL Reporting, SCCM 2007, SCOM 2007, Active Directory, Intermediate Network Management, UNIX, LINUX, MAC, Microsoft Virtualization, VMware Virtualization, Network Infrastructure Components, HP hardware and Dell hardware\.
Title: Enterprise Systems Management \(SysMan\) Engineer
Location: AZ\-Sierra Vista
Requisition ID: PEN001583
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual\. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace\. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability\. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran\.