Network Engineer - Subject Matter Expert
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
As an Enterprise Top Level Architecture \(TLA\) Network Engineer \- Subject Matter Expert , you will provide services in support of the U\.S\. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command \(NETCOM\)\. You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities\. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations \(NetOps\) capabilities\. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army’s maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations\. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI’s mission: To deliver innovative, cost\-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments\.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%\.
99. Provide engineering solutions and support to the LWN/Army DoDIN and Joint Information Environment \(JIE\) architecture and UC efforts with the goal of improving computer network performance, defense, and security\.
99. Provide engineering support during system configuration, integrations, and stabilization of security mitigations and intrusion control mechanisms at Army Post/Camp/Station\.
99. Perform engineering trend and traffic analysis; document and report potential flaws within the network\.
99. Provide engineering support to Capability Managers for current and planned implementations\.
99. Analyze engineering data to support network performance, security, and capacity planning in accordance with Army regulations, directives, and policies\.
99. Provide engineering support to equipment in the LWN/Army DoDIN such as encryption, Remote client access, NAC, VPNs, Dynamic Host Configurations Protocol \(DHCP\) controllers, performance analyzers, EoIP, VoIP, and VTC\.
99. Provide engineering solutions to complex IT problems with regards to UC and IPv6\.
99. Provide engineering trend analysis; document and report potential flaws with UC and/or IPv6 technologies running on or intended for Army information systems and networks\.
99. Provide configuration management support for UC and IPv6\.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
N/A – Office environment\.
+ Sitting for long periods
+ Standing for long periods
+ Ambulate throughout an office
+ Ambulate between several buildings
+ Travel by land or air transportation 25%
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required\.
+ Current Information Assurance \(IA\) certification \(required at performance start date\): IAT III \(CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP \(or Associate\), CASP, CCNP Security\)\. IA Certification Category and Level \(IAW DoD 8570\.10\-M and BBP 05\-PR\-M\-0002\)
+ Current Computing Environment \(CE\) certification \(attainable within 6 months of performance start date\): Cisco Certified Networking Associate \(CCNA\)
+ Clearance \(required at performance start date\): IT Level I \(in accordance with AR 25\-2\) SECRET SSBI
+ Bachelor’s Degree in IT with 10 \- 15 years’ experience
+ Operating systems \(Windows, Linux, Microsoft, Cisco Internet Operating system \(IOS\), Juniper Operating System \(JUNOS\)\), Netscreen OS, data packet routing, switching, proxy services, and engineering for IP data networks
+ Operational and implementation expertise in the following tools and technologies below is required: Unified Capabilities, Everything Over IP \(EOIP\), VoIP, IPv4/IPv6, Routing Protocols \(such as BGP, OSPF\), QoS, and VTC\.
+ Master’s degree plus 5 years’ experience or bachelor’s degree with 10 years’ experience\. In Engineering or computer science degree in one of the following disciplines: Electrical, Computer, or Computer Science
+ Experience in all aspects of the Information Technology \(IT\) DMZ security, perimeter network security and security\-in\-depth applications for firewalls \(Juniper, Cisco and NGF\), MPLS, intrusion detection/prevention \(IPS\), Internet Security Systems \(ISS\) and/or McAfee and/or NGF detection/prevention systems, voice and video from a circuit switched Time Division Multiplex \(TDM\) infrastructure to an EoIP infrastructure, and network segmentation and containment applications using routing, Virtual Local Area Network \(VLAN\), and other related methods\. VLAN, VRF/VPN, NAC/NAP 802\.1x, WAN optimizers, SSL accelerators, DHCP controllers, wireless, remote access, performance and protocol analyzer, Load balancer and Active Directory, and PKI\.
Title: Network Engineer \- Subject Matter Expert
Location: AZ\-Sierra Vista
Requisition ID: PEN001591
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual\. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace\. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability\. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran\.