Senior IT Capability / Project Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
As a Senior IT Capability / Project Manager \(Project Manager IV\) you will provide services in support of the U\.S\. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command \(NETCOM\)\. You will support the design, development, engineering, integration, and technical and operational support to employ specified Nonsecure Internet Protocol Router Network \(NIPRNET\), SECRET Internet Protocol Router Network \(SIPRNET\), and Deployed Forces \(DF\) portion of the Department of Defense Information Network \(DODIN\)\. You will support NETCOM in applying architecture to Army Enterprise programs at various life cycle stages\. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI’s mission: To deliver innovative, cost\-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments\. This position is located in Fort Huachuca, Arizona\.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%\.
99. Performing capability management by developing vision and direction for Army organizations to include formulation of IT infrastructure and services to produce a coherent IT environment in order to ensure NETCOM can Operate, Manage, and Defend the Army’s portion of the DODIN consistent with, and as a part of, Joint and Combined forces\.
99. Providing technical expertise in the development and maintenance of Project Plan and Integrated
99. Scheduling in support of assigned capability for government approval\.
99. Monitoring and documenting project implementation activities using established Government guidelines and reporting procedures\.
99. Identifying any potential changes needed in the project cost, schedule or performance\.
99. Documenting gap analysis, staging, installation, testing within the established schedule, operational and costing parameters in support of the assigned capability\.
99. Developing and updating Gantt chart that exhibits the program progress and defines specific work required to accomplish the objective\.
99. Drafting a work breakdown structure that identifies a comprehensive and specific way ahead for the project\.
99. Assisting the Government in synchronizing requirements throughout the lifecycle of the project \(site survey, staging, installation, testing, training\), within cost, schedule and performance identifying anyissues in project meetings\.
99. Creating, reviewing and updating documents and matrices, and provide status reports\.
99. Develop charts, tables, graphs, and diagrams that identify trends to assist in the analysis of capability problems\.
99. Developing documentation that includes equipment information and procedures for Tier III support\.
99. Assisting the Government in validating spend plans and quantifying equipment and associated costs\.
99. Recommending changes to processes, standards and technologies to improve service or cost delivery\.
99. Providing recommendations for Command improvements to reduce overall costs, including but not limited to input to business case analysis, cost benefit analysis, and e\-business solutions\.
99. Supporting the development of resource plans that includes costing for software/hardware purchase, maintenance, and consulting services for current and out\-year costs\.
99. Providing input to the development and update RMF and Networthiness documentation as required and complete the artifacts for RMF and Networthiness acceptance\.
99. Registering, monitoring, and updating the system being implemented in the Army Profile Management System \(APMS\) database\.
99. Responsible for the day\-to\-day tactical duties for a moderately complex technical program
99. Incumbent is not responsible for Profit & Loss \(P&L\) or business development, but is accountable to oversee results of multi\-functional project teams
99. Responsible for the administrative/operational leadership of a project within the program guidelines set by the Program Manager and customer
99. Monitors project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained
99. Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received
99. May conduct performance/project analyses during phase\-down to benefit future/other projects/missions/programs
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
N/A – Office environment\.
+ Sitting for long periods
+ Ambulate throughout an office
+ Travel by land or air transportation 25%
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required\.
+ Current Active Secret Security Clearance \(required at performance start date\)\. IT II and NACLC in accordance with AR 25\-2\.
+ Bachelor’s Degree with 8 \- 12 years of practical experience
+ Current Information Assurance \(IA\) certification \(required at performance start date\): IAM Level I \(Security CE, CAP, or GSLC\)\.
+ Current Computing Environment \(CE\) certification \(attainable within 6 months of performance start date\): ITIL 2011 Foundations\.
+ CASP and or CISSP desired\.
+ Thorough understanding and ability to apply knowledge and skills of the following areas: Project Management Professional \(PMI Best Practices\), ITIL v2011, ISO 20000, Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, and Project, Remedy/ITSM, and Microsoft SharePoint\.
+ Experience in managing the Full Development Lifecycle with working knowledge of: Requirements Specifications, Formal Testing \(including unit, integration and regression testing\), Implementation and sustainment of Enterprise Services and NetOps capabilities across the Army’s portion of the DODIN to include Joint components in support of the Joint Information Environment \(JIE\)\.
+ Plans and Programs required skills to include: Interpersonal relationship/communication skills, Problem solving skills, Organizational and Operational skills and financial analysis skills\.
Title: Senior IT Capability / Project Manager
Location: AZ\-Sierra Vista
Requisition ID: PEN001587
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual\. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace\. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability\. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran\.