Environmental Division Leader
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Irvine, CA 92612
We are currently seeking resumes from qualified Environmental Division Leaders for our Irvine, CA office. The focus of this position will be to establish a clientele base and build and manage an environmental practice in California with a focus on the transportation, rail, water and/or utility/energy sectors, but other business sectors may be considered as well. The candidate should have a documented history of managing and preparing CEQA/NEPA documents as well as a comprehensive knowledge of and experience obtaining approvals or permits from the various federal, state, or local permitting or regulatory agencies. Superior writing and oral communication skills is a must. This position does involve business development so the ideal candidate should be willing and able to find and pursue project opportunities, assist in preparing proposals, and participate in project interviews when needed.
As the Environmental Division Leader you will serve as the CEQA/NEPA expert for our California operations as well as providing any technical resource expertise as education and experience allows. Your focus will be on the following key areas:
• Work with our Business Development and Marketing Group to find project leads, visit with prospective clients, prepare proposals and participate in project interviews or other business development functions to win environmental projects/assignments in CA
• Work closely with AZTEC’s Environmental Practice Lead to hire senior and junior-level environmental professionals as workloads demand
• Mentor and develop junior-level staff as the California Division grows
• Prepare and oversee budgets, scopes of work, and schedules
• Manage and prepare CEQA/NEPA documents or other technical resource documents or permits as expertise and experience allows
• Lead interdisciplinary teams on large projects from either in-house staff or subconsultants
• Be that Expert- Assist clients in navigating the various regulatory or permitting requirements on projects
• Work well independently
• Review engineering design plans for compliance with environmental and/or permit requirements.
• Collect, analyze, and summarize project data. Prepare findings and make recommendations based on analytical data, including maps, graphics, charts, tables, presentations and written reports
• Additional duties may include project construction environmental compliance oversight, compliance auditing, or other field inspection duties as necessary