DC Production Planner
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Casa Grande, AZ 85193
This position is responsible for leading the prioritization of work flow through the Distribution Center in order to meet business needs. This position is also responsible for wave planning, managing release of operations work load, monitoring building progress/flow, facilitating interdepartmental dialogue around building balance, and maintain an open line of communication with the Operations Management team.
1. Develop, analyze, modify and execute the Wave Plan to ensure predetermine schedules are met for all loads while maintaining balance across all shifts.
2. Prioritize daily schedule and create reports as needed to monitor, track and measure performance at all levels.
3. Work closely with Transportation teams evaluating delivery load guides to ensure loads are completed timely. Partner accordingly to make necessary adjustments with routing or delivery times.
4. Partner with leadership making key business decisions in areas such as staffing, long and short-term event planning and building capacity.
5. Works closely with Inventory teams to drive productive flow of inventory into and out of the building.
6. Work effectively with WMS systems to ensure effective order prioritization.
7. Measure and monitor capacity. Establish and manage building capacity plan.
8. Work with team members in support of process improvements and cost reductions.
9. Evaluate and recommend staffing needs based on volume and capacity
Experience : 2-3 years’ similar experience in a distribution/manufacturing environment required. Experience in a WMS system driven environment. Experience planning, guiding or directing labor
Education : Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in logistics or supply chain management preferred. Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
Professional Certifications :
Other knowledge, skills or abilities :
+ Strong influencing skills and ability to work with management and hourly Team Members.
+ Strong relationship management
Tractor Supply HR Support Center: (p) 844-872-4357 (e-mail) HRPaperwork@TractorSupply.com
Requisition ID 2019-11053