Director of Construction
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Phoenix, AZ 85012
The Director of Construction manages system upgrades and new plant construction on business and residential extensions across the company. This includes managing the contractor bid and award process, process development and adherence, overseeing regional managers, and developing Key Performance Indicators (KPI). The Director of Construction coordinates with engineering to build according to standard company design specifications and hands over a functioning extension to other departments to operate and market. The position provides Construction Managers direction necessary to develop budgets and forecasts and allocate appropriate funds for all outside plant construction efforts.
• Develops short- and long-term strategies relating to all HFC and fiber transport construction activities including new build, rebuild, upgrade, and other maintenance activities related to outside plant (OSP) construction.
• Creates and manages construction budgets across the MSO, including periodic review, justification, and remediation of profit and loss and capital spending statements.
• Coordinates with the Project Management Office (PMO), corporate engineering, and technical operations departments.
• Solicits viable contractor partners, negotiates favorable contract terms, confirms compliance with company operational and safety rules, and professionally seeks remediation terms when necessary.
• Develops standards for construction practices and ensures compliance.
• Develops and meets KPIs that apply to all projects and timelines.
• Ensures compliance with all MSO, federal, state and local agency rules and regulations.
• Oversees work activities of installation, site survey, and construction coordination of commercial customers.
• Works with Business and Residential groups to develop and execute overall strategies that will support both residential and commercial initiatives. Hands off completed plant to operations and marketing.
• Works closely with the corporate Legal, Safety, and Risk Management departments to ensure that all contractors and vendors meet all Company requirements for insurability, and that terms of all contract agreements and statements of work are in compliance. Enforces charge-back provisions when appropriate.
• Applies strict adherence to committed timelines to ensure that company strategy is achieved within budgetary restrictions.
Other duties and/or responsibilities not specifically set forth above may, however, be assigned as needed. Whenever practicable and, in accordance with legal guidelines, reasonable accommodation(s) will be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the position.