Electrical Designer/Junior Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tucson, AZ 85716
This is a mid-level position for the design of electrical systems having the ability to work independently on fundamental design tasks, and under the direction of a project designer or engineer for more complex tasks.
- Technical or Associates Degree from an accredited institution in applicable engineering design field
- Minimum 5 years of previous design experience OR a recent graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis on lighting design
- Proficient working knowledge of discipline-specific modeling software (AutoCAD and Revit)
- Proficient use in MS Office products
- Strong communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision while adhering to project deadlines
- Experience working for an architectural, engineering, or construction company
- Advanced working knowledge of discipline-specific modeling software (AutoCAD and Revit)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis on lighting design
- Design of power, lighting, fire alarm, and related systems for electrical only projects or multi-disciplinary projects
- Integrate the electrical design with the work of other disciplines (Mechanical/Plumbing and Civil Engineering, and Architecture)
- Develop CAD drawings and Revit models, diagrams, schedules, details, specifications, and cost opinions for a variety of projects with minimal supervision
- Apply basic knowledge of applicable Codes, standards, and owner criteria in the development of project designs
- Perform field work during the design and construction phases of projects, including documentation of existing conditions and observation of construction progress.
- Direct the work of more junior staff
- Coordinates project schedule and budget with more senior technical and supervisory staff
- Some autonomy and responsibility in regards relationships with internal and external clients, as well as sub consultants, contractors, vendors, and others