Transportation Project Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Irvine, CA 92612
We are currently seeking resumes from qualified Transportation Project Engineers to work within our Traffic group for our Irvine, CA office. The role will be to design and manage municipal and state traffic engineering projects for streets/highways/freeways. Perform traffic analysis, studies and preliminary engineering, transportation planning, and develop final design plans for traffic signals, ITS, lighting, signing, pavement marking, traffic handling and construction sequencing. Provide and/or take direction to/from staff. This position performs a full range of professional transportation engineering assignments in a full-functioning capacity. Considerable independent judgment is required to carry out assignments that have significant impact on services or programs. Guidelines may be available, however they may require adaptation or interpretation to determine appropriate courses of action.
• Apply broad understanding of civil engineering and other fields to reach innovative and interdependent solutions
• Design of TH/MOT, signing & marking, signals, lighting, ITS and all related documentation necessary for construction of plans
• Conduct traffic analysis, safety audits, traffic impact studies, traffic signal timing, traffic signal design and calculations forming the basis of design recommendations
• Generate clear and concise technical reports summarizing analysis findings, description of the issues, and recommendations with supporting rationale
• Read and interpret engineering plans, specifications and reports
• Prepares and checks plans, calculations, cost estimates and recommendations
• Experience speaking to the public and interacting with local and state agencies is preferred.