Software Systems Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tempe, AZ 85281
Comtech EF Data is looking for a DevOps Engineer. You will develop and enhance our software and systems engineering capabilities. You thrive in a dynamic, fast paced, Agile environment and are passionate about creating solutions to support the development of high quality and highly available software and systems.
• Identify and propose technical improvements using your software engineering knowledge and principals
• Production release management internally and externally
• Build out test automation throughout the engineering teams
• Coordinate between development and production in the CI/CD environment
• Help support and drive improvement to the Embedded Software Engineering team
• Run virtualization with Hypervisor, Linux KVM
• Create, maintain and configure continuous integration (CI) and Continuous Development (CD) in with Jenkins, Git and TeamCity
• On a day to day work in Linux, Window and Cygwin environments
• Maintain the integration of the Rocketchat server with Jenkins and Bitbucket
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or five years or greater related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in containerization and virtualization technologies.
• Experienced in creating and advancing DevOps within the software organization
• Terminal experience in a Linux environment
• Experience with embedded systems
• Experience with RPM distros (like Centos and Fedora)
• Experience within Linux systems administration.
• Experience building and maintaining CI/CD.
Comtech EF Data Corp. is a leading supplier of communications equipment with a focus on satellite bandwidth efficiency and link optimization. The high-performance satellite communications ground equipment is deployed globally to support mission-critical and demanding applications for government, mobile backhaul, premium enterprise and mobility. Service providers, satellite operators, governments and commercial users wanting to optimize communications, increase throughput and delight customers, are leveraging the performance and flexibility of the Comtech brand. The solutions are facilitating fixed and mobile networks in 160+ countries and across every ocean. For more information, visit www.comtechefdata.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.