Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tempe, AZ 85281
Senior FPGA Engineer
Comtech EF Data is looking for a Senior Engineer to help our engineering team develop advanced satellite communications products. Our hardware development teams tackle real world problems while working with the software and test teams to deliver high quality products. The ideal candidate will be responsible for architecting and implementing DSP algorithms and related functions in Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs). Some level of experience with digital board design and understanding of high-speed digital design principles is a plus.
• Rapid development from concept to prototype, signal processing blocks including filters, adaptive filters, parameter estimators, and synchronization functions.
• Develop all aspects of FPGA implementation, with emphasis on design partitioning, RTL synthesis and simulation, place and route, timing closure, IP integration, and system level debugging.
• Work with cross-functional teams to define engineering requirements based on system-level requirements and tradeoffs.
• Create formal engineering documentation including SRS, SDD, ICD, and others.
• Bring-up and bench testing of prototype electronics.
• Work with manufacturing team to bring up production.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Active Security Clearance
• Five (5) plus years of experience with FPGA development in VHDL or Verilog as well as board-level design including FPGA selection, digital design.
• Basic familiarity with analog circuitry including high speed ADCs, DACs, switching voltage regulators, and platform bring-up is a plus.
• Hands on experience and a solid understanding in some or all the following: common bus interfaces and IO’s such as Gigabit Ethernet, JESD204, PCIe, USB, IC2, and JTAG.
• Hands on experience and a solid understanding in some or all the following FPGA design tools: Altera (Intel) Quartus, Xilinx Vivado, Aldec Active-HDL or Riviera-PRO, Modelsim, and version control such as Subversion or git.
• Working knowledge of PCB schematic & layout software (e.g. OrCAD). Ability to work with and direct PCB designers.
• Basic familiarity with architecture and design of communications systems.
• Basic proficiency with C for embedded systems and one higher level language (Python, etc.).
• Experience with using lab instruments; oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generator.
• MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on Signal Processing Algorithms.
• Experience modeling DSP algorithms (FFT, filters) and communication waveforms in MATLAB / Python / etc.
• In-depth understanding of different FPGA architectures especially as it relates to signal processing and communication systems design.
• Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills.
Comtech EF Data Corp. is a leading supplier of communications equipment with a focus on satellite bandwidth efficiency and link optimization. The high-performance satellite communications ground equipment is deployed globally to support mission-critical and demanding applications for government, mobile backhaul, premium enterprise and mobility. Service providers, satellite operators, governments and commercial users wanting to optimize communications, increase throughput and delight customers, are leveraging the performance and flexibility of the Comtech brand. The solutions are facilitating fixed and mobile networks in 160+ countries and across every ocean. For more information, visit www.comtechefdata.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.