Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chandler, AZ 85286
Responsibilities & Qualifications Summary
• Primary responsibility will be to perform applied computational analysis for ordnance devices and systems using commercial and specialty modeling and simulation (M&S) software tools
• Develop complex numerical models to assist in design, development and validation of devices and systems including mechanical integrity and ballistic performance predictions
• Complete comparison of predictions with literature, specification requirements and test data
• Document results in technical memoranda and papers; present findings and provide expert opinion in technical interchange meetings both internally and with customer representatives
• Participate as a member of program teams and interact with design engineering, program/project managers and operations staff
• Bachelor of Science with 5 – 7 years relevant work experience in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering or closely related field. MS preferred
• Sound knowledge of Computation Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and mechanical device/system modeling and simulation
• Demonstrated proficiency and experience with M&S software tools such as ANSYS Fluent. Experience with specialty M&S tools such as LS-DYNA a plus
• Knowledge of ordnance device design, energetic and propellant formulation, and rocket propulsion ballistics a significant plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to obtain a Secret level security clearance
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
Pacific Scientific Energetic Materials Company (PacSci EMC), a Fortive Corporation (NYSE: FTV) operating company, makes critical missions possible. From concept to demonstration to delivery, we provide leading-edge energetic materials, devices and subsystems for use in military and commercial applications. With engineering and manufacturing capability in Arizona and California, our associates work together to solve the toughest technical challenges with a dedication to Safety First, Quality Every TimeTM. We enable success for innumerable missions on a daily basis, impacting the lives of military personnel, law enforcement officers, commercial airline pilots, astronauts, and oil field operators. For nearly a century, PacSci EMC’s experience and expertise has been relied upon in the times When Milliseconds MatterTM. For more information, go to www.psemc.com.
PacSci EMC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. Nonetheless, pursuant to our subcontractor status on highly sensitive national security matters, Mechanical Assemblers and all other floor personnel who frequently shift cell assignments, as well as any personnel directly working with the following contract are subject to the following contractual provision: THAAD PRIME Flowdowns (H-Clauses) H-42 FOREIGN PERSONS, paragraph D., “All employees of all entities that make up the Contractor’s team, whether subcontractors, consultants, or anyone who works with or on behalf of the Contractor will be citizens of the U.S.” Accordingly, only U.S. citizens will be qualified to fill these roles. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
“The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail email@example.com to request accommodation."