Machinist II - b332bdb4-8fb4-49de-ac06-898e4d736b9a
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tucson, AZ 85721
SARGENT AEROSPACE & DEFENSE
Purpose & Scope
This position supports operational excellence in the machining processes to drive productivity, quality and continuous improvement. This role will be expected to collaborate with the Sargent team to exceed organizational goals.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Model Safe behaviors at all times
- Follow company quality control standards to include in process inspection and documentation.
- Knowledge of safety standards for equipment being run
- Must be able to make decisions, communicate effectively and work well with others in a team environment.
- Monitor operations and quickly react to non-confirming as they occur
- Produce and inspect parts
- Deburr precision component to proper specifications.
- Perform and record first piece inspection and in process inspection.
- Provide direction and assist others with process practices and issues
- Lap inside diameters of various precision parts to achieve required size, straightness, roundness and finish.
- Lap fit assemblies with precise diametrical clearances.
- Ability to correct such conditions as taper, bellmouth, and “barrel” in through and blind holes
- Setup and grind precision ID, OD and contour using manual and CNC grinders
- Thoroughly clean parts of all honing oil and lapping compound
- Set-up and operate Federal and Standard air gages, Sunnen gages and micrometors.
Required Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ machine shop experience.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Application of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics (algebra, geometry and trigonometry).
- Ability to efficiently utilize precision measuring equipment for part inspection.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand technical drawings and work instructions.
- Knowledge of manual, NC and CNC grind setup and processing.
- Must be able to set up proven jobs.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and multi-tasking abilities
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Preferred Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Conventional experience is a plus