Manufacturing Engineer II (MANUF01494) - a6cbb6bd-3556-452e-8eba-b76ddbea0009
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tucson, AZ 85721
SARGENT AEROSPACE & DEFENSE
Scope and Purpose:
Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods. Drives product and process changes to reduce cost, inventory, and improve quality and delivery. Implements Lean and Six Sigma strategies in support of continuous improvement culture to increase productivity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Model safe behavior at all times
• Support production with all required technical needs. Determine materials required to manufacture, assemble and test precision products, determine labor hours to complete each operation of work order and determine inspection points.
• The Manufacturing Process Engineer will optimize and document all aspects of manufacturing processes by identifying improvement opportunities and applying simpler, faster, cost effective and reliable methods.
• Evaluate new and existing processes to ensure quality and safety of the job
• Create and maintain detailed manufacturing and process instructions for complex parts assemblies as well as modifications to existing products.
• Champion the use of Process Controls to measure capability, reduce variability, and overall improve the quality of the product.
• Drive and support Lean Manufacturing techniques in the shop including process mapping, cellular manufacturing, set-up time reduction, and overall waste reduction.
• Effectively use all process improvement strategies and techniques including Lean and Six Sigma to minimize waste and maximize economies.
• Must be able and willing to work extra time as necessary to ensure completion of assigned tasks
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or related technical field plus 2 years as a Manufacturing Engineer OR
• Associates degree in Engineering or related technical field plus 4 years of related experience OR
• In Lieu of a degree, minimum of 6-10 years of directly related experience and High School Diploma/GED.
• Working knowledge of solid modeling
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of this position.
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Aerospace and defense machining and manufacturing requirements (tight tolerance)
• Manufacturing footprint optimization and part/product family strategies
• Ability to read and decipher drawings and procedures, and GD&T
• Tooling documentation/library and tool life management
• Training or certification in Six Sigma and Lean Principles
• Experience in mechanical/hydraulic systems/bearings
• Experience in a DoD or military product manufacturing environment