Database Administrator (Oracle, SQL, Siebel)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Luke AFB, AZ 85307
The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for ensuring the integrity of all the databases within the operating unit. The DBA maintains the internal database of ALIS as well as the individual applications. The DBA works closely with the System Administrator to carry out and sustain system-wide backups and restores. The DBA will provide maintenance of databases to include the following: backups, disaster recovery, database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates). Also, this candidate will serve as the point of contact to for the F-35 Squadron discussion during the flight and evaluation activities.
DBA Duties include the following:
1. Performing data transfers between operating units and other systems (internal and external)
2. Providing user access to data
3. Maintaining server operational status
4. Configuring assets to support user needs
5. General backups, restore, updates
6. Troubleshooting assets
7. Monitor test progress and corrective actions
8. Hardware/software baseline status
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience
OR Associate’s Degree and 7 years of experience
OR High School Diploma/GED and 11 years of experience
Candidates must hold an active Secret security clearance, last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last five years.
Candidates must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access and must be able to obtain and retain Security certification
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
Candidates must possess a Security Certification
Additionally the candidate must possess the following:
1) Strong systems engineering and/or database administration process background
2) Prior Database Administration and/or Database Development experience
3) Familiar with COTS/developed Software (Oracle, SQL and/or Siebel)
4) Willing to work diverse shifts depending on operational needs.
5) Willing to travel, to include Squadron deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs and may require a valid passport.
6) Able to maintain and hold DoD 8570 IAT Level II (eg Security CE) certification.
Preferred Skills and Education
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
1. Demonstrated database administration skills, to include:
1. Experience with importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and SQLServer databases, be able to execute and troubleshoot database SQL scripts and report/correct finding and issues to the development team.
2. Database backups for Disaster Recovery preparation and maintenance on the Oracle databases. Scripts to perform Level 0 and delta (Level 1) backups, full logical export of all database data that collects snapshots of parameter files and checks database for logical and physical corruption.
3. Database restoration for disaster recovery from most current backups.
4. Status check scripts to troubleshoot database issues by pulling status of every database on the server, status of the database listener, and provide database system file tampering notification.
5. Manually install Oracle Critical Patch Updates.
6. Reviewing V$ tables and DBA views for any issues that may arise.
7. Locate user session data via the command line.
8. Performance tuning utilizing SQL commands (without using Oracle Enterprise Manager).
9. Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) experience for backup and recovery to include hot and cold backups.
10. Understanding of SQL/PL-SQL language and be able to execute.
2. Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
1. Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Storage Area Network (SAN) Fabric architecture (Zoning, logical unit number (LUN) Masking, and host bus adapter (HBA) Hardware.
2. Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Internet Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (Routing, Fail Over, etc), Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) and supported protocols.
3. Engineering skills required for maintaining Enterprise Server Racks.
4. Strong Working knowledge of SSL/VPN security architecture with integration into multi-layered Firewall architecture.
5. Ability to work with EMC storage configuration tools (Navisphere, Visual SAN, Fabric Manager).
6. Performing System Virtual Volume Imaging and Recovery, Disk to Disk/DR and Disk to Tape.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for management and customers
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we dofrom intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That s BAE Systems. That s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Database Administrator (Oracle, SQL, Siebel)
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression