CNC Machinist (Computer Numerically Controlled Machinist)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tempe, AZ 85281
CNC Machinist II, 2nd Shift
Comtech EF Data is looking for a CNC Machinist 2. You will set up and operate manual and numerical control equipment to cut and form metal work pieces to specification.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Capable of reading and interpreting blueprints and engineering documentation.
• Must be familiar with and capable of operating all production equipment utilized within the machining work center.
• Able to work with minimal supervision and assists with cross-training of lesser skilled dept. personnel.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all personal protective equipment (PPE) utilized within the dept.
• Must comply with all CEFD safety and housekeeping policies at all times.
• Will be required to perform material handling duties within the dept. as necessary to ensure production throughput.
• Reviews setup sheets and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence and dimensions of finished work piece.
• Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures work piece in fixture according to setup instructions.
• Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
• Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
• Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tools. Changes cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
• Measures work piece for conformance to specifications.
• Adjusts machine feed and speed and changes cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
• Machines materials other than metal such as composites, plastic, and rubber.
• High School diploma, GED, technical school training or 3+ years equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous experience as a CNC machinist is required.
• Must be able to multi-task and adjust quickly to a high paced teamwork environment.
• Must be able to work up to 10 to 12 hours per day Monday through Friday and flexibility to work weekends as required as needed to ensure SO requirements are completed ahead of schedule.
• Must be analytical, organized, highly motivated and capable of making sound decisions.
• Must have strong, demonstrative abilities to read, analyze and interpret technical information on blue prints while working in a fast-paced production environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The physical demands of the position include: constant standing, walking, reaching, and gripping.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands 10-12 hours/day.
• Material handling demands include: occasional lifting from floor level to work surface up to 50 lbs. and constant lifting up to 10 lbs.
• Vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Comtech EF Data Corp. is a leading supplier of communications equipment with a focus on satellite bandwidth efficiency and link optimization. The high-performance satellite communications ground equipment is deployed globally to support mission-critical and demanding applications for government, mobile backhaul, premium enterprise and mobility. Service providers, satellite operators, governments and commercial users wanting to optimize communications, increase throughput and delight customers, are leveraging the performance and flexibility of the Comtech brand. The solutions are facilitating fixed and mobile networks in 160+ countries and across every ocean. For more information, visit www.comtechefdata.com.