Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tempe, AZ 85281
Technical Writer II
Comtech EF Data is looking for a Technical Writer II. You will be responsible for the technical development, production, and delivery of satellite modem user documentation. This position creates, revises, and edits user manuals, test procedures, specifications, test reports, and a variety of non-standard engineering documents. Also included is generating and editing product photo images, performing related administrative and production tasks, managing document file structure, project status reporting, and minor miscellaneous tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Regular and predicable attendance required.
• Able to self-manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
• Observes production, developmental, and experimental products to determine operating procedures and then convert into documentation.
• Collaborates with hardware and software engineers to obtain information used for documentation creation and updates.
• Reviews drawings, blueprints, sketches, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence details.
• Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
• Reviews published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and technical content.
• Maintains records and files of documentation.
• Creates and/or edits photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and chart illustrations.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• BA/BS in technical communications or an engineering related field, and minimum 5 years of experience in technical writing, preferably in an engineering environment.
• Advanced skills with PC applications, MS Office, Visio, and Adobe products such as Acrobat XI, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
• Proven ability to create, update and maintain a variety of technical documents.
• Excellent command of the English language, first-rate writing, spelling, grammar, punctuation, proofing, and editing skills.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interact with Design and Software Engineers.
• Able to handle multiple projects and changing priorities efficiently.
• Detailed oriented, able to work independently or with specific direction, as required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell. Occasionally required to lift, hold, and move equipment 10 lbs. and under. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Comtech EF Data Corp. is a leading supplier of communications equipment with a focus on satellite bandwidth efficiency and link optimization. The high-performance satellite communications ground equipment is deployed globally to support mission-critical and demanding applications for government, mobile backhaul, premium enterprise and mobility. Service providers, satellite operators, governments and commercial users wanting to optimize communications, increase throughput and delight customers, are leveraging the performance and flexibility of the Comtech brand. The solutions are facilitating fixed and mobile networks in 160+ countries and across every ocean. For more information, visit www.comtechefdata.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.