Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Salaried – Exempt
Summary: SMG, one of the world’s largest entertainment companies and operator of the
Tucson Arena, Convention Center, Music Hall and Leo Rich Theater in Tucson, Arizona are looking for an Operations Supervisor. This position is responsible for managing and supervising all aspects of facility operations and housekeeping to include, event set-ups and break-downs, changeovers, day to day facility appearance for the Tucson Convention Center
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Assure proper routine maintenance and cleanliness for all front of house and back of house spaces
Prepare and monitor function space and room-sets to accommodate client’s needs
Coordinate and supervise maintenance projects with sub-contractors when necessary
Interface with Event Managers during event set ups and changeovers
Provide for ordering, stocking and distribution of necessary equipment and supplies; monitor and ensure adequate stock to meet demands
Oversee the training, discipline, scheduling, safe working conditions and welfare of employees in accordance with SMG policies and applicable EEO and OSHA regulations
Ensure a close and cooperative working relationship with peer departments (Box office, Marketing, Building Security, Finance, etc.)
Implement and enforce SMG policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with subcontractors and vendors
Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities supervisors in any of the following departments: Changeover, Housekeeping, and Operations. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these departments and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibility include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Four year degree from an accredited institution preferred or professional equivalent
- Three years supervisory experience in an operational/facility setting preferred
Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of venue event operations, maintenance, and event conversions
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and preventive maintenance schedules
- Working knowledge of applicable OSHA, state and other work environment and safety regulations
- Working knowledge of fire and public safety issues
- Must have attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have strong leadership, communication, organizational skills necessary for planning and directing coverage at events
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
Must have the ability to train, plan, assign, and direct work and motivate personnel
- Must have good computer skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work extended and/or irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Extensive knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
No certifications are required.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Daily lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
Constant reaching, standing, walking, stooping, climbing stairs
- May include manual labor, moderate lifting and/or arduous working conditions
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination
- High noise level
- Exposure to the weather conditions
- In and out of doors several times a day
- Exposure to heat and cold, dust pollen and fumes
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter: Brandy Foster
SMG – Tucson Convention Center
260 S. Church Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85701
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 520-837-4759.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor