Senior Director Information Technology
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chandler, AZ 85286
The Sr. Director of Information Technology (IT) for Pacific Scientific EMC is a senior leadership position responsible for setting strategy and direction for a highly capable, collaborative IT organization. The Sr. Director of IT will lead a team defining and driving the overall direction, vision, deployment and management of both hardware and software for the company, with a strong focus in support of integrated supply chain manufacturing and quality across the business.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Lead, manage, coach, and grow the members of the IT team in multiple locations.
• Administer and control the information systems expense budget to contribute to a cost-effective operation.
• Maintain knowledge of developments in the area of systems and hardware to assure that new developments are incorporated in future systems of the Company.
• Identify and present hardware and software to ensure that computer capabilities are responsive to the needs of corporate growth and changing corporate objectives.
• Continued liaison with other senior leaders in order to answer all questions, evaluate needs, monitor service, advise on problems, encourage data processing education and understanding, and ensure smooth conversion from manual to computerized systems, or from existing computer systems to new improved ones.
• Partner with vendors and suppliers to help deliver services provided by our IT organization.
• Own information security for the organization which includes compliance with corporate standards.
• Manage, maintain, and improve full portfolio of services we deliver. This includes:
o Continuing transformation to paperless manufacturing
o Datacenter that houses most of the equipment we use.
o Large high-performance compute grid used for IP development and testing. Refresh compute nodes regularly.
o Large storage footprint used for both personal productivity and for IP design and development. This includes backup and archive of critical data.
o All networking services within the organization.
o Vendor selection for large purchases of storage and compute pools used by the organization.
o Laptops, desktops and associated software and services for our large organization.
o IT helpdesk and 24×7 support for our organization. Maintain strong customer satisfaction and rapid turn-around time on issues and requests.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field. Masters degree a plus.
• 15 years experience in the IT field, to include 5+ years of managerial experience managing an IT organization
• Experience in Aerospace and Defense or other compliance driven industry a plus
• Experience leading IT team working across geographies and cultures.
• Proven track record of delivering complex IT services and maintaining strong teams.
• Strong communication skills from executive level to individual contributor level.
• Ability to plan and execute complex programs,
• Ability to travel as required by role.
• Knowledge of Info Visual or other ERP system and Aegis or related systems
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
Pacific Scientific Energetic Materials Company (PacSci EMC), a Fortive Corporation (NYSE: FTV) operating company, makes critical missions possible. From concept to demonstration to delivery, we provide leading-edge energetic materials, devices and subsystems for use in military and commercial applications. With engineering and manufacturing capability in Arizona and California, our associates work together to solve the toughest technical challenges with a dedication to Safety First, Quality Every TimeTM. We enable success for innumerable missions on a daily basis, impacting the lives of military personnel, law enforcement officers, commercial airline pilots, astronauts, and oil field operators. For nearly a century, PacSci EMC’s experience and expertise has been relied upon in the times When Milliseconds MatterTM. For more information, go to www.psemc.com.
PacSci EMC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. Nonetheless, pursuant to our subcontractor status on highly sensitive national security matters, Mechanical Assemblers and all other floor personnel who frequently shift cell assignments, as well as any personnel directly working with the following contract are subject to the following contractual provision: THAAD PRIME Flowdowns (H-Clauses) H-42 FOREIGN PERSONS, paragraph D., “All employees of all entities that make up the Contractor’s team, whether subcontractors, consultants, or anyone who works with or on behalf of the Contractor will be citizens of the U.S.” Accordingly, only U.S. citizens will be qualified to fill these roles. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
“The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation."