Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yuma , AZ 85365
Narrative Job Summary:
Write and revise technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions on advanced military equipment. May assist in layout work. Technical writer to develop system documentation to be used for maintenance and operation of the aerostat, mooring subsystem, and associated ground/site support equipment.
The following are the usual major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of others, duties by the incumbent, nor the question being raised on the proper rate of pay for the assignment.
Major Work Responsibilities:
• Maintain cognizance of system hardware status, configuration and testing schedules
• Become fully knowledgeable of the functions, operation, test and maintenance procedures of the equipment
• Evaluate existing operation and maintenance documentation. Modify and develop it to meet current hardware configuration, requirements and schedules
• Review vendor documentation
• Interface with hardware/system and field engineering personnel to obtain the necessary information for developing the documentation materials
• Develop the operation and maintenance manuals within the schedule requirements
• Validate operation and maintenance manuals
Supporting Work Responsibilities:
Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
• Review engineering specifications and design review documents
• Interview engineers and field support specialists
• Read engineering drawings
• Review Field Mod notices
• Review and evaluate previously existing training materials
Interacting With Computers — Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) Familiar with Microsoft PC Operating Systems
• Familiar with Microsoft PC Operating Systems
• Proficient with Microsoft Word
• Familiar with other Microsoft Office Suite products such as Power Point and Excel
• Familiarity with graphics tools such as Adobe Creative Suite a plus
• Familiarity with modeling tools such as Solid Works a plus
• Familiarity with computer based training authoring tools a plus
• Familiar with use of e-mail
Documenting/Recording Information — Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
Communicating with Supervisors, or Peers — Providing information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Confer with engineering, technical, manufacturing or field support personnel
Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge — Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Use interviewing procedures
• Use technical information in operation and maintenance activities
Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards — Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Ensure correct grammar, punctuation, or spelling
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.