Delivery Driver (non-CDL)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Phoenix, AZ 85040
Stern Produce is looking to hire DELIVERY DRIVERS (non-CDL) in our Phoenix headquarters.
Our deliver drivers are responsible for driving a box truck for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products to Stern customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations and Safety Preferred Work Methods. Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
• Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
• Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
• Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
• Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
• Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
• Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
• Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management team of any deviations.
• Unload product from truck, by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
• Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72” to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
• Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
• Collect money (cash or checks) where required, and submit all funds collected daily.
• Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork.
• Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Stern policies and procedures.
• Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
• Follow preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
• Maintain sanitary conditions in vehicle and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
• Maintain, secure and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, and personal protective equipment.
• Attend all required company meetings.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Must be 21+ years of age
• Valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with a “clean” driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 10 years)
• 1 year commercial driving experience
• Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
• Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
• Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check, Physical Abilities Test)
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 2 years local food or beverage delivery experience
• Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience
• Previous experience in foodservice industry
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
• Building Customer Loyalty
• Managing Work
• Building Trust
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact their supervisor or the human resources department if they believe that an accommodation is needed.
- Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
- Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
- Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.