Inventory Control Clerk
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Phoenix, AZ 85040
Stern Produce is seeking an INVENTORY CONTROL CLERK to be responsible for developing inventory procedures, research of discrepancies, and identifying issues that are causing the inventory to become inaccurate. You will work with the Inventory Clerk in ensuring that inventory is accurate, and be responsible for determining the frequency and items that are counted. The Inventory Lead will be expected to assist the Inventory Clerk with the counting, data entry, and slot maintenance when necessary.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Good math skills to quickly add pallets and multiply tie-highs while counting.
- Strong customer relations, employee relations and problem resolution skills
- Proven ability to effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management, and communicate effectively in a positive manner with a diverse workforce, follow through on directions, and organize effectively to satisfy the customer’s needs
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Versatile, flexible, and willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Good working knowledge of computer systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Count inventory according to schedule and keep computer inventory levels updated.
- Research and correct inventory discrepancies.
- Review and research significant inventory losses.
- Work with procurement to spot count products as needed.
- Keep the area clean and neat at all times.
- Identify quality concerns, alert appropriate staff to ensure slots are checked/issue addressed.
- Follow all company standard operating procedures.
- Strictly adhere to all safety rules.
- Maintain food safety practices.
- Perform any and all other tasks as requested by management.
- Must be 21+ years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job
- Excellent analytical skills
- Must exhibit strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively
- Strong sense of logic and ability to communicate plans.
- Previous experience in food warehousing industry
- Ability to operate a forklift & electric riding pallet jack
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact their supervisor or the human resources department if they believe that an accommodation is needed.
- Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
- Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 lbs
Continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
- Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth
perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Driving Results
- Communication & Listening
- Understanding Customers