Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tempe, AZ 85281
Data Entry Intern
Comtech EF Data is looking for a Data Entry Intern to input information into our web-based Learning Management System (LMS) database from paper and email documents. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail. The company will rely on you for having accurate and updated data that are easily accessible through a LMS database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Adding training courses and new employees into the LMS
• Editing Active Employee Profiles (i.e.: Updating Position/Status/Managers/Roles)
• Assigning Training
• Adding End-dates to Active employees when terminated
• Entering On the Job Training (OJT) that was not trained in the LMS
• Keeping track of received data and source documents.
• Preparing and interpreting data to be entered.
• Contacting preparers of source documents to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data.
• Comparing data entered with source documents.
• Making necessary corrections to information entered.
• Compiles, sorts, and verifies accuracy of data to be entered.
• Keeps record of work completed.
• Reviews error reports and enters corrections into computer.
• Responds to inquiries regarding entered data
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Prefer one-year related experience in a related environment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
• Good organization skills and detail oriented
• Ability to work in a team environment and be a self-starter
• Demonstrate commitment and flexibility at all times in order to ensure high quality service.
• Good verbal and writing skills
• Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Computer literate, Internet savvy, and experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. 40 wpm keyboarding speed.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Comtech EF Data Corp. is a leading supplier of communications equipment with a focus on satellite bandwidth efficiency and link optimization. The high-performance satellite communications ground equipment is deployed globally to support mission-critical and demanding applications for government, mobile backhaul, premium enterprise and mobility. Service providers, satellite operators, governments and commercial users wanting to optimize communications, increase throughput and delight customers, are leveraging the performance and flexibility of the Comtech brand. The solutions are facilitating fixed and mobile networks in 160+ countries and across every ocean. For more information, visit www.comtechefdata.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.