Direct Service Provider - Overnight
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Payson, AZ 85541
Under general direction and supervision of the site supervisor/manager or an operational administrative staff employee, performs a variety of work consisting of routine difficulty in providing services/supports to consumers with developmental disabilities. The nature of the services range from various personal care activities to activities outlined in an Individual Support Plan (ISP). Performs miscellaneous related work as required.
*Provides the appropriate environment to assure the health and safety of the consumers being supported;
*Assists consumers in performing daily living activities, including but not limited to: eating, showering, bathing, toileting, dressing, shaving, combing hair, shampooing, brushing teeth, cutting nails;
*Assists consumers with household chores (involving many physical activities, including but not limited to kneeling, reaching, stretching, bending, etc., and the use of household cleaners).
*Transports and/or escorts consumers to medical, vocational, residential, social activities, and runs consumer related errands;
*Assists consumers in the self-administration of medications including non-prescription and prescription medication as prescribed by licensed medical specialists;
- Safely and effectively monitors consumer activities, with or without a reasonable accommodation;
- Observes and assesses consumer’s behaviors to provide positive behavioral supports;
Implements proactive strategies to enhance and reinforce consumer positive behaviors;
- Assess and provides behavior/physical management techniques in crisis situations and attains assistance if needed;
- Records and maintains records, progress notes, records daily activities in communication logs, maintains records as needed and may be required to write reports;
- Reads and implements a consumer’s Individual Support Plan (ISP), medical/medication directions, and formalized records concerning consumer behaviors and activities;
- Other duties as assigned