Sr Development Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chandler, AZ 85286
Who We Are and What We Are All About:Help build a cleaner, safer and more connected world through a career with Rogers Corporation. At Rogers, our innovative materials technologies enable breakthroughs in clean technology, internet connectivity, mass transit and more — but it’s our people that set us apart. Integrity and respect are at the heart of how we work. We excel at building enduring relationships that foster trust with our colleagues and business partners. We work creatively and cross-functionally a rewarding work environment. For a brighter tomorrow, explore Rogers today across the globe to deliver unique solutions to our customers in the United States, Europe and Asia. Summary/Objective: Rogers Corporation is seeking a Senior Research & Development Engineer accountable for development of more complex products and processes, for establishing sound technical bases for these developments, and for effective interaction with technology, process, & platform innovation, operations, sales/marketing and process engineering personnel in order to commercialize these developments. Essential Functions:
- Design, conduct experiments, and interpret results.
- Report on projects in both written and verbal formats at all levels of the organization.
- Perform technical trouble shooting of new products and processes. Act as new product/concept incubator for new technologies and platforms, identifying opportunities for improvement and incorporation design for manufacturing requirements resulting in a viable, scalable product.
- Provide transitional process and manufacturing support to newly launched products as applicable.
- Provide support in terms of analytical equipment maintenance, methods development, material analysis and documentation of new process or products.
- Manage capital projects for purchase and installation of new process or support equipment. Train employees in new processes.
- MS, ChE, Mechanical Engineering, or Material Science, or BS or higher in technical discipline, with a track record of accomplishment in product development and project management.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills at various organizational levels.
- 3-5 years of Materials Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment, or in support of a manufacturing operation.
- Project management experience.
- Working knowledge of statistical techniques, designed experiments, proficiency in Minitab or other statistical/DOE software, etc.
- Experience in electronics assembly or semiconductor assembly.
- Comprehensive health plans that include medical, dental, vision, and access to complementary and alternative medicine coverage
- Wellness program, including fitness membership reimbursements
- 401(k) with company match
- Participation in discretionary bonus plan
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Generous vacation plan
- Life Insurance
- Strong work/family and employee assistance programs
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee discount program
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Rogers Employees Federal Credit Union
Job: Research and Development
Organization: Advanced Connectivity Solutions
Title: Sr Development Engineer
Requisition ID: 190000DW