Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tempe, AZ 85281
The production planner/buyer is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity as well as managing inventory levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Acts on order releases action and exception messages from the company system.
• Plans and manages production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity.
• Analyzes sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
• Manages inventory levels, schedules, and availability of selected item, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules. Completes shipping information and delivery date input during sale order reviews.
• Answer all requests from sales.
• Orders floor stock with shelf life material for production.
• Receives and reviews sales orders against current requirements and work in process using the material requirement planning report.
• Releases purchase orders for production material, floor stock items and all purchases to support the business unit.
• Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, the purchasing department and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
• Other duties
• 1 to 2 years of experience in a production planning/materials controls function or equivalent combination of education and experience (for example, 3-5 years of broad manufacturing background).
• Excellent written communications skills
• Microsoft Office, Internet, MRP/ERP knowledge preferred
• APICS Certification preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Business office environment, electronic manufacturer facility. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Comtech EF Data Corp. is a leading supplier of communications equipment with a focus on satellite bandwidth efficiency and link optimization. The high-performance satellite communications ground equipment is deployed globally to support mission-critical and demanding applications for government, mobile backhaul, premium enterprise and mobility. Service providers, satellite operators, governments and commercial users wanting to optimize communications, increase throughput and delight customers, are leveraging the performance and flexibility of the Comtech brand. The solutions are facilitating fixed and mobile networks in 160+ countries and across every ocean. For more information, visit www.comtechefdata.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.