Document Imaging Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tempe, AZ 85281
Document Imaging Technician
This position will support several departments in scanning their documents into a document management system and make a daily impact at Comtech EF Data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prep documents: Remove staples, Mend tears, Separate pages, and as needed print barcode sheets
• Scan documents, and verify Quality Images
• Upload documents to Server
• Box up and label scanned documents (as required per project specifications)
• Coordinate destruction of scanned documents (following document retention schedules)
• Perform daily maintenance on scanner for optimal performance
• Inventory scanner supplies and order when minimums are reached
• Communicate with personnel to resolve questions on document identification and indexing
• Perform archiving of inactive records and update archiving log
• Maintain the Archive library of documents removed from active system
• Assist with Project Setup and Maintenance using Scanning software
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum one-year related experience in a scanning or related office environment
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work well under pressure at times to meet deadlines
• Good verbal, writing, and organization skills and be detail oriented
• Ability to work in a team environment and be a self-starter
• Demonstrate commitment and flexibility to ensure high quality service
• Ability to read, comprehend, and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Internet savvy, and experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. 40 wpm keyboarding speed.
• Must be able to easily lift and/or move 25-pound boxes and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Comtech EF Data Corp. is a leading supplier of communications equipment with a focus on satellite bandwidth efficiency and link optimization. The high-performance satellite communications ground equipment is deployed globally to support mission-critical and demanding applications for government, mobile backhaul, premium enterprise and mobility. Service providers, satellite operators, governments and commercial users wanting to optimize communications, increase throughput and delight customers, are leveraging the performance and flexibility of the Comtech brand. The solutions are facilitating fixed and mobile networks in 160+ countries and across every ocean. For more information, visit www.comtechefdata.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.