Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chandler, AZ 85286
Who We Are and What We Are All About:
Join global leaders in engineered materials to power, protect and connect our world with Rogers Corporation. At Rogers Corporation, we’re changing how the world uses technology. We develop innovative specialty materials and components that enable technology in a wide array of high-growth markets. Our customers demand high performance and reliability, so we are always looking for people who enjoy a challenge, make things happen and get results. Integrity is at the heart of how we work. We excel at building enduring relationships that foster trust between our colleagues and our business partners. We work creatively and cross-functionally, making a rewarding environment. To grow with a global, results-oriented company, explore our latest job listings.
The Production Planner/Scheduler coordinates and expedites the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to daily and weekly production schedules and is responsible for tactical production scheduling to meet customer requirements while minimizing manufacturing and distribution cost as well as the Corporate inventory investment. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; inventory levels, and solving production problems.
1. Schedule utilizing MRP demand to execute planned work orders. Utilize released and created work orders to ensure compliance with the planned demand to support sales and inventory levels, while effectively utilizing available capacity. (30%)
2. Analyze and create operating schedules that support maximizing machine and labor efficiency and efficiently utilize material and storage space resources while meeting customer requirements. (15%)
3. Create and maintain schedules for sequencing and lead time for each operation to successfully meet shipping dates according to forecasts and orders. (10%)
4. Prepare scheduling reports as required. Expedite operations that delay schedules and modify scheduling demands to meet changes such as back orders or un-forecasted customer demand. (10%)
5. Communicate daily with internal customers as to status of all open orders/jobs and informing of exceptions impacting customer on time delivery shipments. (10%)
6. Provide management visibility over work-in-progress, material availability, and potential production issues, ensuring that personnel, equipment, tools, materials and services are available as needed. (10%)
7. Make or recommend revision to planned production schedules as necessary when schedules cannot be met, includes preparing back-up schedules. (10%)
8. Manage WIP and finished goods inventory levels within company guidance while maintaining on-time-delivery targets. (5%)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics/Supply Chain, Business, or related field.
- Materials Requirement Planning/Enterprise Resource Planning experience required.
- Oracle based Planning knowledge.
- Sound knowledge of Supply Chain processes and procedures including logistics, manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas in order to build trusted relationships.
- Effective trouble-shooting, problem solving, and organizational skills. Ability to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to organize resources and analyze alternatives to make effective decisions.
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities.
- Demonstration of thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office including advanced skills in Excel and MRP/ERP Systems
Preferred Education and Experience:
- At least 1 year of experience in manufacturing production planning/logistics.
APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) preferred.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of ERP system and Microsoft Office products; strong computer skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Good customer service/phone skills and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
- Demonstrate personal time management skills.
Why work for Rogers
With an outstanding work environment, vast developmental opportunities, and a top-notch benefit package, we empower employees with a culture of excellence. Come join a winning team!
Rogers Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
How You Can Apply for this Position
Visit us at:www.rogerscorp.com/careersto apply!
About Rogers Corporation:
Rogers Corporation (NYSE:ROG) is a global leader in engineered materials to power, protect and connect our world. With more than 180 years of materials science and engineering experience, Rogers delivers high performance solutions that enable Advanced Connectivity and Advanced Mobility, as well as other technologies where reliability is critical. Rogers delivers Power Electronics Solutions for energy-efficient motor drives, vehicle electrification and alternative energy; Elastomeric Materials Solutions for sealing, vibration management, and impact protection in mobile devices, transportation interiors, industrial equipment and performance apparel; and Advanced Connectivity Solutions for wireless infrastructure, automotive safety and radar systems. Headquartered in Arizona (USA), Rogers operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, China, Germany, Belgium, Hungary, and South Korea, with joint ventures and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visitwww.rogerscorp.com.
Job: Supply Chain
Requisition ID: 190000E6