Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sahuarita, AZ 85629
- Under the direct supervision of the Pastry Chef. This position entails prepping and cooking bakery items, placing stock in proper storage areas, cleaning and maintaining work areas and kitchens, and overall production for all Food & Beverage venues.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cooks and prepares a variety of baked goods, quantities, styles, according to the menu and demand of the business.
- Uses and or learns proper knife skills, baking and pastry techniques, methods, and terminology.
- Reads, understands and follows standardized recipes when preparing bakery and pastry items for all venues and outlets.
- Understands and follows through with all assigned tasks.
- Clearly communicates with Pastry Chefs.
- Maintains and communicates with Pastry Chef the foods/products needed to ensure safe par levels and proper stock levels.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all tribal, city, state and federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
- Responsible for making sure that all areas of their assigned venue/outlet/kitchen are maintained and all assigned duties are completed.
- Ensures that all venues are completely ready to open by designated time set by management.
- Responsible for all food/storage areas (refrigeration, freezer, dry storage) are kept clean, organized, labeled and dated.
- Responsible for all equipment, tools, floors, work stations and food prep areas are kept clean and organized; as well as free from all clutter, trash and non-approved items.
- Works according to established procedures of the Casino.
- Responsible for being able to communicate well with team members while maintaining a positive and professional work environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishing all tasks.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment, utensils, tools and machinery.
- Knowledge of safe practices in a kitchen working environment.
- Knowledge of Basic Bread and Pastry methods and techniques.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to be organized and coordinating task amongst team members.
- Ability to safely use and administer cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Knowledge of basic foods and there uses.
- Knowledge of all food safety regulations.
- Ability to learn culinary methods, techniques and principles.
- Ability to clearly communicate to all levels of management.