Technician-Field Service Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chandler, AZ 85249
Granite Construction is a global construction, water management, and drilling company, providing responsible solutions for transportation, water, mineral and energy resources.
Granite operates in more than 80 integrated offices worldwide. Our philosophy of responsible growth guides us in consistently doing the right thing for our people, the environment, our company and the clients we serve every day. We strive to leave the individuals and places we touch better off for their interaction with us, and our culture is embodied in our unwavering commitment to the core values that define us: Safety, Pursuit of Excellence, Integrity, Honesty, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Citizenship and Reliability.
A field service technician is responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting problems at well sites and pumping stations. Service technicians perform system startups, efficiency tests, trouble shoot electrical and mechanical issues, perform pump tests, vibration analysis, and understand pre-lube systems, mechanical seals and packing boxes, and pumping equipment above and below the surface.
They are responsible for maintaining and repairing all the makes and models of vertical hollow shaft and horizontal motors as well as various kinds of vertical and centrifugal pumps and also right angle gear drives and diesel or natural gas engines. They usually have to work independently or under little supervision. They have to the meet needs of the customers and travel to customer locations.
Field Service Technician Duties and Responsibilities
The various duties and responsibilities required to be carried out by a field service technician. They are as follows:
- Testing and repairing equipment by travelling to the location of the customer
- Providing troubleshooting as well performing installation of equipment
- Attending to the needs of the customer whenever required
- Performing the confirmation that the equipment is functional
- Sometimes they have to provide telephone support to the customer in order to perform troubleshooting
- Providing onsite services for individual as well as organizations
- Ensuring that the equipment on which they have performed troubleshooting are in proper working condition
Field Service Technician Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required for a field service technician are as follows:
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Commercial driver and any endorsements are a plus.
- Must have the ability to work independently or with less supervision
- Ability to travel long distances
- Needs to possess excellent troubleshooting skills
- Must have good customer service skills
- Ability to maintain good relations with customers
- Should have excellent verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage service calls
- Strong communication skills and team oriented mentality for collaborating with Project Management and Sales teams.
- Must keep good field notes and provide necessary paperwork and documentation in a timely fashion
- Welding and machining skills are a plus – mill and lathe
Granite Construction is an AA/EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and a Drug-Free Workplace