Healthcare Simulation Educator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tucson, AZ 85719
Position Information Title
Healthcare Simulation Educator
Senior VP Health Sciences (6801)
University of Arizona Health Sciences
The Healthcare Simulation Educator selected for this role will develop, coordinate, and implement medical resident programming, simulation training and related courses for the Arizona Simulation Technology and Education Center (ASTEC) to ensure that goals and objectives specified for the program are accomplished in accordance with priorities, time limitations, funding limitations or other specifications. The expectation is the successful candidate will possesses a full range of healthcare education for use with the operation of simulation training modules and overall program development. A proven history of medical training curriculum development is highly preferred.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please .
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate, perform medical roles in, and instruct medical simulation-based training sessions.
- Develop and prepare healthcare simulation curriculum to meet course objectives and accreditation standards.
- Integrate healthcare education curricula with current healthcare simulation technology.
- Evaluate and implement new healthcare simulation technology into existing University of Arizona Health Sciences curricula.
- Create, interpret, and communicate policies, procedures, and reporting requirements.
- Prepare and maintain healthcare simulation course materials.
- Coordinate and advise on educational accreditation standards and institutional requirements.
- Implement and maintain program information in databases and accreditation tracking systems.
- Assist with medical simulation research and grants, and various other duties or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of medical student education curriculum content and methodologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to influence others to understand and accept job function’s practices, new concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Ability to work independently, guided by objectives, expected outcomes and professional standards.
- Experience communicating with leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the institution.
- Knowledge of experiential learning theory
- Knowledge of issues pertaining to area of assignment.
- Skill in organizing work of self and others.
- Experience with accreditation standards for education.
- Ability to teach a broad range of medical education procedures.
- Registered Nurse and at least 5 years of healthcare education experience.
- 3-5 years experience working in an environment teaching with high fidelity healthcare simulation technology.
Full Time/Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week
Medical / Health Professions
Yes – Full Benefits
Posted Rate of Pay
$65,000 – $80,000 Annually, DOE
Type of criminal background check required:
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Posting Detail Information Posting Number
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Limited to Current UA Employees
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled
Review Begins On
Special Instructions to Applicant
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Quick Link for Internal Postings
The University of Arizona is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.