Production Manager-Chandler, AZ
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chandler, AZ 85225
Job ID:? 153685
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products?and more.?? With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
- The Production Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction for overall production and maintenance operations in accordance with the vision and values of the corporation.? Fosters a ?Culture of Safety? for staff and all employees by promoting and modeling an Employee Driven, Hazard Controlled environment.? They also advise?the local business concerning long-term-strategic direction.?
- The Production Manager manages and coordinates the production plan (daily/weekly) to meet delivery schedules and budgeted cost/efficiency expectations.? They drive?continuous improvement initiatives through appropriate channels in the operation.? They manage the coordination and execution of predictive/preventative maintenance plans through the maintenance management system for the facility, ensure asset reliability meets or exceeds performance expectations.?
- The Production Manager holds self and staff directly accountable for adherence to standards, policies & regulations for the safe, environmentally compliant production of a quality precast concrete product.? They ensure?training plans for production and maintenance staff and self are in place and followed, promoting key aspects of the overall succession plan process.? Assume plant manager responsibilities as needed.
- Conduct daily Process Walks. Identifies and executes process improvements through team.? Plans and executes daily single piece continuous flow, ensuring all dependent processes are complete. Identifies non-value-added activities and opportunities for improved efficiencies to prevent downtime and quality issues
- Leads Stop Points identification process. Immediately addresses process, quality and material issues that will negatively impact production. Works with team to determine the root cause of the problem and takes action to solve it. Solicits solutions from the team.
- Through team, meets or exceeds production targets with the goal of ensuring profitability for Oldcastle and CRH.? Works locally but demonstrates a commitment to the success of the total company. Has a determination to succeed, take care of our customers and grow our business.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintaining of safety & continuous flow production methods with plant manager
- Responsible to actively seek out, find, and implement process improvements; to include improvements on RM cost reduction, asset utilization, team balancing, matching team strategy to situation.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of leadership; asses team dynamics, prepare for change, promote & develop team pipeline with plant manager
- Responsible for final sign off with scheduler on daily/weekly production schedule.
- Establishes formal and informal communications for staff and employees (e.g. morning safety huddle, mid-day meeting, maintenance planning, operations & sales & engineering).
- Ensures proper training of employees with leads and systematic trainer to advance the business.
- Ensures monthly OSHA compliance training is conducted according to schedule requirements with EH&S Tech an
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO