Safety Administrative Assistant - 11124
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mesa, AZ 85210
Requisition #: 11124?
Shift : 1?
Start Time :? 8:00 am?
End Time :? 4:30 pm?
Schedule Days : Monday – Friday?
Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs week)?
Provide administrative support for the Safety Department, relieving supervisors and managers of clerical work and administrative business detail. Duties include mid-level administrative tasks. Prepares and maintains required files, records and databases. Maintains confidentiality in all matters related to the departmental unit and organization.? Analyze data, prepare reports and metrics.
- Maintain record-keeping for OSHA, MSHA, and DOT filings and produces associated reports.
- Assist departments with the on-boarding of DOT Regulated drivers, creating and reviewing Driver Qualification folders.
- Maintain Regulated Driver Qualification folders and communicate with vendor for proper file management.
- Assist DOT Safety Compliance Manager with Federal Drug and Alcohol program.
- Maintain records with a high degree of accuracy and compile reports from various Safety systems utilizing research and statistical compilations involving a basic understanding of Safety and DOT related information, programs, policies and procedures.
- Maintain appointment calendar for department staff.
- Maintain renewable licenses, agreements, and regulatory obligations that are date sensitive bringing attention to deadlines, activities and reports.
- Utilizing statistical data, analyze and report monthly and annual metrics.
- Arrange and participates in conferences, committee meetings and seminars.
- Perform client service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Maintain confidentially concerning employee information, personnel actions, legal actions, terminations, and organizational plans.
- Work safely at all times.? Adhere to all applicable safety policies.? Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Prepare ad hoc statistical reports as needed.
- Maintain supplies and necessary forms.
- Retrieve archived information as requested.
- Take minutes for department meetings, as necessary.
- Make hotel and travel arrangements as necessary.
- Distribute mail and route necessary documents.
- Maintain a manual covering the specifics of the job ? update semi-annually.
- Independently compose written communication with excellent grammar and composition skills.
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to professionally assist internal and external clients.
- Perform duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Ability to edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and read and interpret written information.
- Maintain phone coverage and job task concentration in a busy, distracting environment.
- Prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Computer skills sufficient to operate a PC or Laptop and generate various reports.
- Working knowledge of personal computer systems and Microsoft Office with intermediate skills in Excel.? Ability to work with Excel formulas, analyze data and prepare reports and metrics.
- Ability to become proficient with office equipment such as busy phones, fax, copier and scanner.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies and use of all required safety equipment.
- Must have acceptable attendance to meet all company standards and requirements.
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of administrative experience.
- Previous experience using office productivity software, such as Word, Excel and Power Point.? Strong Excel skills and experience.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employees is regularly required to sit, utilize hand and finger dexterity, and talk or hear appropriate for phone usage.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop and kneel.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is designated as a “Safety-Sensitive Position”.?? A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that EMPIRE in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.?
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the ess