Government Property Manager II - Location Flexible
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Phoenix, AZ 85067
BAE Systems Inc. is currently recruiting for a Government Property Manager to lead our Combat Vehicles Government Property Team. In this role you will be responsible for property business system compliance and approval at multiple assigned site locations. You will assist in appropriate phases of the Government s survey of a Line of Business (LOB) site s Government Property Management System; assure that deficiencies noted during the survey are immediately addressed by informing the responsible supervisors of the findings, recommending solutions and assisting in the development and implementation of the corrective action plan.
Other typical duties will include the following:
- Create, update and maintain records (active and retired) in current and accurate status reflecting the various life cycle events (cradle to grave) including maintaining supportable evidence via soft or hard copy of the life cycle transactions.
- Prepare and/or manage budget estimates for own work scope, and those performing distinct property tasks.
- Provide government property guidance on all new business proposals or contract awards.
- Ensure compliance with company policy and procedures, contractual and FAR/DFARS requirements.
- Interface with other functions to ensure property record keeping and reporting.
- Develop process and procedures for performing Self Assessments to determine process control and measurements of all
cognizant business units.
- Lead coordination efforts with the other Business Unit Government Property Managers within the sector to ensure coordination of deliverables to DCMA or other US government agency property administrators.
- Provide work status to manager on an established basis.
- Responsible for detailed review tasks for specific government property elements.
- Responsible for resolving complex systems problems. Analyze current practices for deficiencies and determines potential corrective action. Develop strategies, testing and analysis methods for more complex problems with limited guidance from management. Develops practical and economic solutions to property problems with high complexity in compliance with given requirements.
- Responsible for preparing presentations for internal/external peers, and customers.
- Participate and lead work groups.
- Perform all managerial duties as needed.
- Demonstrate independence in establishing Property requirements from regulations.
- Demonstrate ability to develop complex to highly complex self-assessments to validate our system effectiveness.
- Identify property issues and implement potential practical and simple solutions.
- -Demonstrate ability to use customer systems (if required).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies as well as company required training.
- Share responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
- Maintain an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on contracts.
This position can be located at any major Platforms & Services location.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Experience in multiple site location and system management.
Extensive working knowledge of FAR part 52.245-1 and 45, DFARS part 245 and other contract clauses impacting government property.
Writing skills must be adequate to write procedures implementing FAR/DFARS changes and make the necessary reports and correspondence.
Good working knowledge of in-plant managerial relationships and operations.
Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to interface with government representatives and internal departments.
Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Good/strong planning, time management and organization skills.
Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with Company personnel, customers, and suppliers.
Ability to use computers to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
Proficiency in use of word processing, spreadsheet, and database development programs (such as Word, Excel, ERPs, and Access).
Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Ability to develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills.
Ability to effectively manage and lead a team of employees.
Preferred Skills and Education
Certified Property Professional – NPMA
Experienced in the following:
Defense environment, Leading teams, Managing personnel performance, Skill set shall include managing scope requirements to ensure timely and accurate task completion and Performing customer interface/management on a daily basis.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repairjust to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Government Property Manager II – Location Flexible
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression