Coach, Enrollment Training and Quality Assurance
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tucson, AZ 85719
Position Information Title
Coach, Enrollment Training and Quality Assurance
Academic Inits & Stdnt Success (9932)
The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management/Academic Initiatives and Student Success seeks an outstanding Enrollment Training and Quality Assurance Coach to join its online enrollment team. The successful candidate will be a multi-faceted trainer who can join our rapidly growing division at the University of Arizona. Under the direction of the Quality Assurance and Staff Development Assistant Director, this person will support and assist in the creation, implementation and tracking of each Enrollment Counselor’s onboarding and continuing training needs, while also performing quality assurance checks and coaching to enhance Enrollment Counselors’ skills. We are looking for a team-player who is able to juggle multiple training projects in addition to providing excellent student service. This position will require that the selected individual is able to coordinate with other departments regarding training needs, provide insight and feedback into the recruitment process, as well as assist in the creation and delivery of new hire and promotional training opportunities for the recruitment team. The candidate must enjoy coaching and motivating other people, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be enthusiastic and adaptable to change.
SAEM/AISS supports the UA’s diversity and inclusiveness strategic initiatives designed to create an inclusive environment for all faculty, staff, and students. The candidate chosen for this position will be expected to support diversity and inclusiveness efforts in the department and college.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please .
The University of Arizona is in the process of creating a new classification and compensation architecture. This University Career Architecture Project (UCAP) will revolutionize the way we think about professions and manage compensation at the UA. It is a two year initiative that will replace the current classified staff and appointed professional categories of employment with market-based job functions and families. As an applicant, UCAP will create clearer career paths and opportunities and will help you make more informed pay decisions. To learn more about this project, please visit ucap.arizona.edu.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides individual coaching, support and mentoring to Enrollment Counselors focusing on call quality assurance scores and pipeline management
- Monitors and evaluates individual and team performance
- Provides timely feedback and development to team members
- Provides on the job support/mentoring/coaching for Enrollment Counselors as assigned by the Quality Assurance & Staff Development Assistant Director
- Delivers engaging training sessions including dynamic learning activities, role plays, group problem solving, presentations, and facilitating discussions
- Measures new hires’ knowledge of processes through assessments, tests and consistent evaluations throughout the training process and provide feedback to management
- Communicates effectively with Quality Assurance and Staff Development Assistant Director, and other department heads to identify possible gaps and department needs
- Researches and provides useful information and tools to guide future training and development opportunities, changes and workshops
- Performs strategic planning to facilitate the training needs of the department
- Trains individuals to become subject matter experts within a specific training period
- Provides training to other departments and in-service as requested
- Creates a collaborative, positive atmosphere for learning
- Supports participants with in-the-moment questions or issues
- Assists the Quality Assurance & Staff Development Assistant Director in producing training materials
- Maintains overall accuracy of training materials and resources
- Delivers constructive feedback on content or process improvements
- Provides assistance and support to new hires via shadowing and post-training period check-ins
- Creates and maintains a system for tracking training attendance
- Assists with the creation and delivery of small/focused training as needs are identified
- Supports Enrollment Counselors with questions, escalated calls, etc.
- Acts as subject matter expert for both enrollment processes and procedures
- Identifies and shares opportunities for process improvements and improved working conditions
- Participates in weekly meetings with the Assistant Director to review Enrollment Counselor quality assurance scores, lead quality, tech issues, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Working knowledge of training resources, training implementation and curriculum design
- Strong inter personal, organizational and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, time management skills
- Strong ability in relating to others through different communication styles
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work autonomously within established procedures and practices
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to track and develop assessments to measure understanding and knowledge
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands successfully
- Familiarity with different training methodologies and practices
- Ability to openly communicate expectations to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Higher Education, Counseling, Educational Leadership, Education, Human Relations, or related field
- At least two years of experience in customer service
- At least six months of teaching, training and/or mentoring experience
- Enthusiastic personality with an affinity for teamwork and collaboration
- Self-motivated, strategic, flexible, and able to work on multiple tasks with changing priorities as needed.
- Must be available to work evening and weekend hours (when needed) to meet high volume training needs and other needs of the department
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Counseling, Educational Leadership, Education, Human Relations, or related field
- 1+ years of recruiting experience in higher education
- 6+ months of call center experience in an inbound and outbound environment
- At least one year of teaching, training and/or mentoring experience
- Prior call monitoring or quality assurance experience
Full Time/Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week
Administrative and Professional
Yes – Full Benefits
Posted Rate of Pay
$40,000 – $50,000 Annually DOE
Type of criminal background check required:
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Posting Detail Information Posting Number
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Limited to Current UA Employees
Contact Information for Candidates
Kristina Giovannucci firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled
Review Begins On
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please note: You will be required to provide contact information for a minimum of three professional references within your application. Should you be selected as a finalist for this position, for your convenience, your references may receive an automatic email. This email will ask your references to complete a brief questionnaire in regard to your suitability for the position as well as request the attachment of a letter of recommendation. These letters of recommendation must be uploaded directly via the UACareers.com website by your reference provider. UACareers.com is not compatible with any “dossier aggregate” system (e.g., Interfolio, Intellimedia).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Quick Link for Internal Postings
The University of Arizona is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.