Event Attendant (On Call & Part Time) (Multiple Po
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tucson, AZ 85719
Position Information Title
Event Attendant (On Call & Part Time) (Multiple Positions)
Administration and Athletics (1402)
This is an on-call, non-benefits eligible Event Attendant position in the UA Athletics Department. Applicants must be willing to work all football games and other athletic events as needed. This is a physically demanding position with long hours in heated conditions. Incumbents will take event tickets and direct patrons to seating and serve as customer service agents to ensure that patrons and the press enjoy the overall experience at athletic events. Incumbents may also act as ushers and screen for contraband materials brought to the event. Event Attendants are expected to preserve the image of UA athletics.
Note: Incumbents may be scheduled to work as needed and may be asked to work special events.
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please .
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take event tickets and direct patrons to seating.
- Serve as a customer service agent.
- Act as an usher and screen for contraband materials brought to events.
- Long periods of standing
- Exposure to the elements including the sun and possible rain
- Use of technology, position requires use of ticket scanners and text messaging systems for all venues
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relationships
- Knowledge of basic computer operations and software
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- Dedication and motivation to initiate, lead and support value-added projects
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of position related rules and compliance (Example: NCAA, PAC-12 knowledge)
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and has a positive demeanor
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to plan, establish priorities and successfully manage multiple priority projects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organizational levels, and project a positive, professional attitude
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
No prior experience required.
Full Time/Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week
Hours vary per week
Temporary and Part-time
Posted Rate of Pay
$11.00 Per Hour
Type of criminal background check required:
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Posting Detail Information Posting Number
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Limited to Current UA Employees
Contact Information for Candidates
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
Quick Link for Internal Postings
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
The University of Arizona is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.