Pastry Cook (West Valley)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Glendale, AZ 85308
Cooks and prepares a variety of foods, quantities, styles, according to the menu and demand of the business.
• Use and learns proper knife skills, cooking and baking techniques, methods and terminology.
• Understands and follows standardized recipes when preparing all foods for all food venues and outlets.
• Understands and follows through with all assigned tasks.
• Clearly communicates with Pastry Chefs.
• Maintains and communicates with Pastry Chefs the foods/products needed to ensure safe par levels and proper stock levels.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all tribal, city, state and federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
• Responsible for making sure that all areas of their assigned venue/outlet/kitchen are taken care of and all assigned duties are completed.
• Ensuring that assigned areas are completely ready to open by designated time set by management.
• Responsible for all food/storage areas (refrigeration, freezer, dry storage) are kept clean, organized, labeled and dated.
• Responsible for all equipment, tools, floors, work stations and food prep areas are kept clean and organized; as well as free from all clutter, trash and non-approved items.
• Works according to established procedures of the Casino.
• Responsible for being able to communicate well with team members while maintaining a positive and professional work environment.
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishing all tasks.
• Performs other duties as required.