Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
- Prepare, wash and store dishes following Hawthorn Retirement procedures as well as help serve meals and clear dishes at residents’ tables following Hawthorn Retirement procedures.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Have a general knowledge of cleaning and sanitation.
- Maintains food handlers permit as necessary to fulfill state or provincial regulations.
- Maintains CPR and first aid certification as necessary to fulfill state or provincial regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, with residents and staff.
- Meets state or provincial health related requirements (as applicable for position).
- Ability to work in a team setting and be a team player.
- Commitment and respect for all individuals.
- Ability to keep all business and operations information confidential.
- Possess organizational skills.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet department deadlines.
- Ability to follow and adhere to policies, procedures and standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare, wash, and store dishes following Hawthorn Retirement procedures.
- Clean dishwashing area.
- Assist in bussing, serving, and delivery of room trays if needed.
- Setting of tables in dining room.
- Assist Cooks in cleaning food serving areas and equipment, sweeping and mopping of floors and complete assigned cleaning duties.
- Complete dishwasher temperature log at required times.
- Work as part of the food services team to ensure smooth, efficient, and safe operation of the kitchen.
- Adhere to prescribed safety and sanitation practices and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- May be assigned to any other job function in the facility on a relief basis.