Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chandler, AZ 85224
Arizona Oncology Associates is looking for a Scheduler. Great opportunity to join a team that focuses on patient care – Located in Beautiful Sunny Phoenix, you will have the ability to enjoy small town living with big city amenities on top of a rewarding work/life balance.
As the largest cancer practice in Arizona, we are proud to provide advanced and compassionate Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology and Hematologic services. Our physicians and staff incorporate a multidisciplinary, personalized approach to treatment to enhance the patient experience by providing complete care in convenient, community-based locations.
We are proud to provide patients with access to the latest treatments, state-of-the-art technology, and an extensive research program. We believe it is beneficial to patients’ that these therapies are provided in a community setting, because it allows you to remain close to home and to your support system. Arizona Oncology physicians are supported by talented clinical staff that are sensitive to the needs of cancer patients and their caregivers.
The ideal candidate will have the following background and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience preferably in a medical office setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) required.
- Surgery Scheduling Experience Required
- Position is considering all levels of experience (standard for all postings)
- Under direct supervision, responsible for scheduling patient appointments and tests in an efficient and timely manner.
- Answers all incoming calls and directs calls to appropriate personnel.
- Serves as a liaison between patient and medical staff. May include outside scheduling and/or surgical scheduling responsibilities.
- Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers all incoming calls; assesses callers’ needs and directs to appropriate personnel. Pages clinic personnel as appropriate. Obtains and communicates messages in an accurate and timely manner.
- Schedules new patients, patient referrals and returning patients in computer system in accordance with physician and/or office guidelines. For new and or referred patients, sets up in system with appropriate documentation and coding. Cancels/reschedules appointments according to physician schedule changes; notifies appropriate clinic personnel.
- Obtains and enters all insurance authorization, and correspondence relating to referrals in patients charts and/or electronic medical records (EMR).
- Collects co-pays, deductible and other out of pocket amounts at time of visit.
- Maintains primary office scheduling template containing physician meetings, satellite schedule, rounding and call coverage.
- Arranges for patients to have financial counseling as needed.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic/practice.
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the front office. Covers for other front office functions as requested.
- Prepares correspondence, memos, forms and other typing as requested by supervisor.
- May schedule outpatient appointments/testing/surgeries and hospital admissions upon request. Obtains necessary pre-certification as required.
- May communicate to patient about surgeries or tests being scheduled and potential prep work needed, inquiring about test specifics from necessary parties and gathering patient information as needed
- May be responsible for follow up on all pre-operative tests to ensure cleared for surgical procedure and communicates with physician and patients if further testing is required before surgery is performed.
- May be responsible for scheduling post-operative follow up appointments with Physicians.
- Where applicable, basic understanding of medical terminology for tests and surgical procedures, including coding and ability to look up codes specific to diagnosis, surgery and scheduling procedure.
United in Healing with The US Oncology Network
Arizona Oncology is united in healing with The US Oncology Network, one of the nation’s largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks focused on advancing cancer care in America. As an affiliate of The US Oncology Network, Arizona Oncology is united with more than 1,000 physicians and 10,000 cancer professionals nationwide.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. In addition to a great career opportunity, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.