Embedded Software Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mesa, AZ 85204
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER – MESA, AZ
An experienced embedded software developer is needed for a medical device supplier, where they will be responsible for the development of complex portions of the Windows UI and middleware for state-of-the-art ultrasound, noninvasive, high-energy delivery systems. These systems incorporate multiple real-time and non-real-time processors communicating over several types of interfaces.
Windows is used to implement functionality such as the GUI, database, business logic, and external networking while real-time control is implemented in a stack of FPGAs that communicate to the Windows based system. A deep understanding of Windows and embedded systems is required.
- Develops and applies complex concepts and proposes new and unique approaches, methods, procedures and designs with regular use of ingenuity, creativity and originality in providing technical solutions
- Applies advanced level software development principles to the research and development of Windows applications
- Develop and assist in creating, updating risk analysis during various phases of product development
- Knowledge of and experience with systems and software requirements development for systems that can be implemented and are testable
- Code writing in C++, C.#, scripting and related languages, ability to analyze code to determine test scenarios and know when to seek advice to determine test and validation requirements
- Design reviews, forms processing for software releases, configuration management, documentation, complies with SOPs and training, timely updates to time management system
- 7+ years of systems and software development
- Software development for medical device is preferred
- Software test and release strategies and execution of controlled software delivery
- Systems and Software design and integration, GIT use of repositories to support phased in delivery in block release format of features and bug fixes in Agile format is preferred
- Previous experience with Class II/B software development is preferred
- Working knowledge of the difference of effort and tasks between IEC 62304 Class A, B, C, development, documentation, and system integration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Physics, Math, or Electrical Engineering (Master’s is preferred)
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.