Electrician (West Valley)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Glendale, AZ 85308
- Under direct supervision of the Assistant Facilities Manager, troubleshoots and repairs electrical controls at Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise. Lays out and install new electrical service including panels, breakers, disconnect and switches.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installs and maintains various types of motors, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers and transformers.
- Contacts and coordinates schedules and oversees the on-site work of contractors and vendors.
- Formulates and implementation of a preventative maintenance program of electrical equipment.
- Responds and takes appropriate actions in the event of emergency or critical incidents, i.e. system failures, power outages and other emergencies.
- Installs and monitors performance of installed electrical equipment for hazards, adjustments or replacements.
- Installs grounding leads.
- Interprets blueprints; works from sketches or verbal instructions.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, tests, repairs, and adjusts electrical fixtures, apparatus, equipment, wiring and new services to include panels, breakers, and conduit.
- Monitors motors transformers, and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
- Repairs, install, replaces and tests electrical circuits, equipment and appliance using appropriate tools and testing instruments.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electric controls, motor control centers and programmable logic controls.
- Orders electrical supplies, maintains adequate stock to repair electrical problems.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Familiar with a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Knowledge of commercial emergency and critical power distribution systems.
- Knowledge of use of maintenance tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
- Knowledge of the methods and practices used in electrical work.
- Knowledge of electrical systems including planning additions or modification on secondary circuits.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors and other electrical equipment.
- Ability to install and maintain motors, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers and transformers.
- Ability to install grounding leads.
- Ability to read commercial electrical blueprints and apply NEC through the full range of commercial and industrial maintenance and construction work.
- Ability to install and maintain motors, welding equipment, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers and transformers.
- Ability to use appropriate tools and diagnostic equipment to repair, install, replace and test electrical circuits, equipment and appliance.
- Ability to diagnose and repair electrical controls, industrial motor control centers, and programmable logic controllers.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
- Skills in the safe operation of power tools and shop equipment.