Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Phoenix, AZ 85067
- Department of Health And Human Services
Indian Health Service
- ##### Open & closing dates
10/11/2019 to 10/18/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$19.37 to $22.59 per hour
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Telework eligible
Serve as a Cook for the Phoenix Indian Medical Center (PIMC) Dietary
Department, located in Phoenix, AZ. The incumbent will report to the
Food Service Supervisor.
Learn more about this agency
- Prepare and serve meals for regular and therapeutic diets using
standardized recipes for employees and on the patient tray line
- Follow food safety and sanitation standards
- Operate a variety of powered and mechanical equipment in the
performance of duties
- Maintain required records including temperature logs, employee
incidents, menu substitutions and others as required
- Travel Required
- Supervisory status
- Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
- Similar jobs
- Conditions of Employment
THIS POSITION IS BEING RE-ANNOUNCED TO SOLICIT ADDITIONAL
CANDIDATES. APPLICANTS WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT
NEED NOT RE-APPLY UNLESS SUBMITTING UPDATED INFORMATION AND/OR
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment background
- ESEP appointees typically serve a two year trial period.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
- You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern
Standard Time) on the closing date: October 18, 2019.
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial period
Screen Out Element: To qualify for this position you must meet
both of the screen-out elements listed below:
Ability to do the Work Without More than Normal Supervision:
experience and/or training to perform most duties of the Cook
including applying high standards of safety and sanitation, prepares
food according to diet restrictions, menus and standardized recipes.
A specific length of training and experience is not required, but
you must show evidence of training or experience of sufficient scope
and quality of your ability to do the work of this position.
Evidence which demonstrates you possess the knowledge, skills, and
ability to perform the duties of this position must be supported by
detailed descriptions of such on your resume.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must
have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level.
Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service
Examining Plan (ESEP).
- Additional information
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per
pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served
as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal
employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal
experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited
service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn
annual leave is earned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you
must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background
investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation
documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive
instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and
background investigation documentation. After you begin your
employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the
outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by
the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must
find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your
position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated
after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part
of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired
after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- This position is covered by Public Law 101-630, the Indian Child
Protection and Family Violence Protection Act (25 United States
Code Chapter 34) requiring contact or control over Indian
children. Due to this law, the agency must ensure that persons
hired for these positions have not been found guilty of or
pleaded nolo contendere or guilty to certain crimes.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born
after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for
civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health
Service health care facilities.
- May work 10 hour shifts or alternate work schedules (rotating,
evenings, and weekends) to provide continuity of service.
- Must have a viable bank account at a financial institution for
electronic direct deposit of salary payment.
- This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
IHS – Operated Properties are tobacco free
- How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
You will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum
qualifications required and on the extent to which your application
shows that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities
associated with this position. To determine if you are qualified for
this position, a review of your resume and supporting documentation
will be made and compared against the qualifications as defined in
the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement and your
responses to the assessment questions.You will be further
evaluated/rated based on the information provided in your resume
(your resume must state specific duties that relate to this
position) and your responses to the assessment questions to
determine your competency in the following:
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal
Supervision (Screen-out Element)
- Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (other
- Knowledge of Materials
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Work Practices (includes keeping things neat, clean and in
You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the
assessment questionnaires. If after reviewing your resume and
responses to the assessment questions, a determination is made that
you have overstated your qualifications and or experience, you may
The following links below provide information on how you may be
eligible for various hiring authorities. If you are a Veteran,
qualified CTAP and ICTAP eligible, or an individual with a
disability, please refer to the following links below for additional
- Veterans , i.e. (VEOA, VRA, and 30% or more disabled) -
- Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) -
- Interagency Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) -
- Schedule A Appointments for the Disabled -
Click here to view vacancy