Mechanical Design Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chandler, AZ 85286
Entry level engineering position as a Mechanical Design Engineer that will allow for a broad business experience from design concept to production phases. The Mechanical Design Engineer will apply design skills to the development and fabrication of prototype products. The tasks to be performed will range from ideation/fabrication through destructive prove out testing.
• Conduct activities associated with design, documentation, manufacturing and test support, to include product design engineering analysis, drawing preparation and product planning
• Assist in design and development of critical element test series
• Generate engineering work orders for fabrication and testing of developmental designs
• Provide support in development of manufacturing, inspection, and test related process procedures
• Conduct activities associated with support of existing product manufacturing efforts as it pertains to design, documentation, and general support of inspection processes, manufacturing processes and test processes and cost reduction activities to include engineering analysis, product design, drawing preparation and product planning.
• Support of failure investigation activities through application of rigorous root cause analysis.
• Prepare reports and presentations related to design and development activities, including concept models for technical proposal
• Support kaizen-related process improvement activities
• B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
• Strong computer skills with familiarity with Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint
• Good communication skills and ability to present technical data
• Ability to perform mechanical tolerance analysis
• Ability to perform mechanical stress analysis
• Experience with 3D modeling software and drawing creation
• Experience with FEA setup and analysis
• Experience with Matlab, Python and/or Java a plus
• Experience packaging electronics a plus
• Accurately apply GD&T to ensure interchangeability of parts a plus
• Experience performing thermal analysis of electronics packages a plus
• Experience with military and/or aerospace design requirements a plus
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
Pacific Scientific Energetic Materials Company (PacSci EMC), a Fortive Corporation (NYSE: FTV) operating company, makes critical missions possible. From concept to demonstration to delivery, we provide leading-edge energetic materials, devices and subsystems for use in military and commercial applications. With engineering and manufacturing capability in Arizona and California, our associates work together to solve the toughest technical challenges with a dedication to Safety First, Quality Every TimeTM. We enable success for innumerable missions on a daily basis, impacting the lives of military personnel, law enforcement officers, commercial airline pilots, astronauts, and oil field operators. For nearly a century, PacSci EMC’s experience and expertise has been relied upon in the times When Milliseconds MatterTM. For more information, go to www.psemc.com.
PacSci EMC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. Nonetheless, pursuant to our subcontractor status on highly sensitive national security matters, Mechanical Assemblers and all other floor personnel who frequently shift cell assignments, as well as any personnel directly working with the following contract are subject to the following contractual provision: THAAD PRIME Flowdowns (H-Clauses) H-42 FOREIGN PERSONS, paragraph D., “All employees of all entities that make up the Contractor’s team, whether subcontractors, consultants, or anyone who works with or on behalf of the Contractor will be citizens of the U.S.” Accordingly, only U.S. citizens will be qualified to fill these roles. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
“The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail email@example.com to request accommodation."