Assistant Project Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tucson, AZ 85701
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
The Assistant Project Manager position combines the principles of a Project Engineer and incorporates people and cost management. On a daily basis you will work closely with your Project Manager to ensure timely, quality and successful completion of a project. You may be solely responsible for a large segment of a project, and/or have Engineers/Interns reporting to you. This position is the next step in developing an employee’s managerial and communication skills.
Key Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Assist Project Manager in establishing the project chart of accounts, developing and updating the CPM construction schedule, developing subcontracts and purchase orders and producing a responsibility listing for entire project staff
• Provide administrative support to the Project Superintendent and leadership and training to the project staff and engineers
• Track, review and process Change Proposal Requests, Change Orders, Owner Payment Applications and, if applicable, claims
• Monitor job costs, maintain accurate reports and assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in preparing quantity reports, analyzing the labor costs and completing quarterly profit project records
• Assist in establishing, maintaining and leading the on-site Total Quality Management process
• Manage the preparation and executing of the Project closeout process
• Implement all applicable safety and EEO/affirmative action programs
Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field required
• 3-7 years construction experience on relevant projects
• Advanced knowledge of construction principles/practices required
• Experience in managing field staff and building relationships with owners
• Geographically mobile and able to relocate within a region
• Strong work ethic and desire to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated track record of job-site safety excellence
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/sb8b9wpbywn3pvcd