Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chandler, AZ 85286
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Assists the chef with overseeing the day to day operation of the kitchen and maintaining the highest quality food products and service.
1. Prepares and coordinates daily dinners from standardized recipes.
2. Oversees breakfast and lunch for quality assurance meal presentation and portion control.
3. Keeps stock rooms, coolers and freezers clean and rotated. All food must be labeled, dated and stored properly.
4. Coordinates prep for following day’s menu.
5. Maintains kitchen cleanliness and food preparation according to state and local health department code requirements.
6. Assists with food and supply inventory control systems, informs Food Service Director of all production needs.
7. Keeps waste to a minimum by utilizing food storage and food recycling techniques. Employs appropriate loss prevention procedures.
8. Performs a pre-meal meeting with food servers to review details of daily menu.
9. Ensures all kitchen equipment is in working order and kept clean at all times.
10. Oversees the proper inventory, storage, and use of cleaning chemicals.
11. Assists in menu and recipe development.
12. Assists with banquets and food displays.
13. Assists in the scheduling of cooks and utility workers to maintain compliance with budgetary guidelines.
14. Assists in the adherence to maintaining budget compliance for daily food cost.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associate or Bachelor’s degree in culinary arts or an equivalent combination of education and food preparation experience in a directly related field. One to three years food preparation experience to include sauces, soups, meat and seafood. Supervisory experience and working knowledge of banquet production and planning is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current ServSafe Certification required. Obtain and hold any local or state required food handling/supervision/sanitation licenses and/or certifications.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Understands principles of food preparation and culinary terminology. Understands and applies sanitation principles. Capable of managing multiple job tasks including the preparing of several foods at the same time. Ability to coordinate the daily production of menus, recipes and food preparation. Ability to work with interruptions and in a stressful environment. Ability to manage and motivate employees with varied levels of experience and expertise.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
+ Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
+ Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
+ On-Call on an as needed basis
+ Reach with hands and arms
+ Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
+ Climb or balance
+ Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
+ Talk or hear
+ Exposure to latex
+ Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
+ Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
+ Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
+ Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.Schedule: Regular Full-Time